Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#11ChaosoformsPosted 12/24/2012 1:11:52 PM
The Elder Scrolls lore surely beats this, do you know just how much Lore did Morrowind have? Lore-wise the TES universe has a much more deep and complex tone to it.

When it comes to how the story is told, Skyrim is crap, but that's just because of the way things are presented to you, Dark Souls wins at that i guess. That's just accounting Skyrim and not other TES games.
#12CamelJames28Posted 12/24/2012 1:14:04 PM
TES has books upon books upon books on every race in any of the games. It's not even close which has the deeper lore.

Not saying which series is better but it's not even fair to compare DS's lore to TES's.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#13Cvdf3Posted 12/24/2012 1:19:22 PM
Dark Souls v Skyrim? Eh.

Souls v TES? TES without a doubt, sorry.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#14the_NGWPosted 12/24/2012 1:25:49 PM
Morrowind is so much better than Skyrim. Hell Oblivion was better than Skyrim.
---
Now Playing: Dark Souls (PS3/PC), Demon's Souls (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Pokemon Black 2 (DS), Just Cause 2 (PC), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (PC)
#15goguesPosted 12/24/2012 1:28:44 PM(edited)
Skyrim has the advantage of having had 4 previous games to build up lore, so there's definitely more lore when it comes to that. As for which one is deeper, they have pretty different approaches. Skyrim gives you a LOT of information to deal with, including things like books to read, that enable you to really delve into the history of the world.

Dark Souls takes a more minimalistic approach to storytelling/lore. Very sparingly is information freely given, you have to piece together for yourself the history of the world and the nature of the "souls" business. However, that also makes every piece of information, be it something that an NPC says or even just an item description, significant and usually directly relevant to the story. They also leave a lot of room for theories/interpretations, which I like.

Between the two I'd go with Skyrim, but I wouldn't want the Souls to change the way they do their lore because it's a nice change from having everything spoonfed to you.
#16AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/24/2012 1:29:06 PM(edited)
I couldn't care less about TES lore, so I'll just go with the one I enjoy more.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Thinking up new polls.
#17DaLaggaPosted 12/24/2012 1:40:18 PM
I don't even see how there's any opinion here. Skyrim has more lore on a single bookshelf than Dark Souls does in the entire game. Hell, you could literally write all of DS's main plot and lore on a single napkin and have space to spare. A few item descriptions and some random NPC ramblings (most of which are rather nonsensical) do not make for deep or expansive lore.
#18HolyGravePosted 12/24/2012 1:44:22 PM
DaLagga posted...
I don't even see how there's any opinion here. Skyrim has more lore on a single bookshelf than Dark Souls does in the entire game. Hell, you could literally write all of DS's main plot and lore on a single napkin and have space to spare. A few item descriptions and some random NPC ramblings (most of which are rather nonsensical) do not make for deep or expansive lore.

No... Just no...
---
That there's some good in this world... And it's worth fighting for.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the world.
#19Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 1:45:47 PM
Does deeper = more? Deeper for this topic is very vague, and considering how TC did zilch to lessen the ambiguity, this thread is going to be on many different wavelengths.

I wouldn't know, I can't stand the combat of Elder Scrolls and hence will never play through it to see the story.
#20-Damien-Posted 12/24/2012 1:48:42 PM
Skyrim has a piss poor game that's trying so hard to be epic,

dragonborn lol whatever the **** that means