Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#151Number4RocketPosted 12/26/2012 3:49:44 AM
Silent_Alarm posted...
Number4Rocket posted...
Scorex_VII posted...
When was this "Senīs fortress" built? Was he human, undead, a God or what? WHY did he built it on the first place? Test the undead who rung both bells seem kinda vague. In what context was that built? Someone told him, or he just woke up one day and decided to play "Bob the builder"?

You do realize Gwyn (and later his son) had the whole "keep the age of fire alive" thing, right? That should answer those questions for the most part, unless you are just horrid at connecting the dots.

Why don't you answer them :)

Gwyn (or potentially Gywndolin, the time window does allow for some wiggle room) and the rest of his brigade, near the time when the Age of Fire waned and the Age of Dark began, commissioned Sen to build the fortress to grant worthy Undead (those who rang the bell) a way to access Anor Londo (and the structure itself was a further test). "God" would probably be the best description of what Sen was, as it would be quite safe to assume he was not human or undead. Why did Gwyn/Gwyndolin want it built? If you don't know you must have skipped all the dialogue of the game. Why would an architect follow the orders of those who commission him? That's a "you gotta be ****ing kidding me" question.
The specific questions I had quoted require the simplest possible deduction skills to answer. We definitely know squat about Sen, but the motivations behind the fortress and who wanted it erected is clear as goddamn day.

It would be neat if we had a morsel of info somewhere on Sen, but to know the gist requires the mind of a 1st grader, and unless Sen was important in some other way I couldn't care less about having further information on him.
#152ShadowZero007Posted 12/26/2012 4:36:35 AM
I like the Dark Souls verse aesthetic, vibe, and thematic elements MUCH more; but in terms of depth of the lore; it's up against a series over a decade old.
It's not a fair contest really; and as such DkS loses in that regard.
However I love it's vague and minimalistic approach. It leaves a sense of wonder and mystery; you know the magical and the divine actually feel magical and divine in DkS as there is just so much mystery around them and it.

Alduin; while he has a lot of back story and information in regards to him; felt lacking. The world eater was just another dragon; oh he seemingly learned Meteor 2 as well :p

However TES lore as I mentioned is vast. In between sun birds of alinor, distant continents with tiger dragons, mantaling gods, chim and what not; it's pretty out there; and it gets pretty damned complex.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#153Scorex_VIIPosted 12/26/2012 5:09:53 AM
Well, its pointless to keep arguing about this matter. Lore wise, i said (and pretty much the truth, its a fact not a opinion) we all know what is the deepest. This topic on the other hand, is great to tell the fans of Dark Souls from your typical fanboy.

Dont get me wrong, i do LOVE Dark Souls, waaay more then Skyrim (especially after the DLC punch in the guts), but that doesnt mean i only see one of the sides of the Moon.

The people that say DS lore is deeper then TES remind me of those pseudo-intellectuals from the extreme left wing in my country: Where being hipster, liking abstract art and plays with one guy talking alone during 3 hours to a wall is being the superior being lol. While its true that DS lore requires some thinking, saying otherwise from TES is lol worthy.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#154Biggest_BossPosted 12/26/2012 6:26:10 AM(edited)
Can you define "deeper"?

The lore in TES (and Syrim specifically) is very expansive, and it touches on many issues in detail (such as the fate of the Dwemer, their habits, their cities, etc).

In DkS you have to piece it together with a limited availability of information.

They are both deep in their own ways.

And we are not talking about which is better.
---
PSN: Sleeq
#155Drak_the_ShadowPosted 12/26/2012 6:29:13 AM
Skyrim has deeper lore that is easy to acquire. Dark Souls has lore, however it's very speculative and not easy to learn.
Dark Souls has a single previous game with just as little lore present, and it's not even in the same "world."
Skyrim has four previous titles, all of which are packed with lore.
---
Children: You spend the first two years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk, then spend the next sixteen years telling them to sit down and shut up.
#156Silent_AlarmPosted 12/26/2012 8:48:42 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Silent_Alarm posted...
Number4Rocket posted...
Scorex_VII posted...
When was this "Senīs fortress" built? Was he human, undead, a God or what? WHY did he built it on the first place? Test the undead who rung both bells seem kinda vague. In what context was that built? Someone told him, or he just woke up one day and decided to play "Bob the builder"?

You do realize Gwyn (and later his son) had the whole "keep the age of fire alive" thing, right? That should answer those questions for the most part, unless you are just horrid at connecting the dots.

Why don't you answer them :)

Gwyn (or potentially Gywndolin, the time window does allow for some wiggle room) and the rest of his brigade, near the time when the Age of Fire waned and the Age of Dark began, commissioned Sen to build the fortress to grant worthy Undead (those who rang the bell) a way to access Anor Londo (and the structure itself was a further test). "God" would probably be the best description of what Sen was, as it would be quite safe to assume he was not human or undead. Why did Gwyn/Gwyndolin want it built? If you don't know you must have skipped all the dialogue of the game. Why would an architect follow the orders of those who commission him? That's a "you gotta be ****ing kidding me" question.
The specific questions I had quoted require the simplest possible deduction skills to answer. We definitely know squat about Sen, but the motivations behind the fortress and who wanted it erected is clear as goddamn day.

It would be neat if we had a morsel of info somewhere on Sen, but to know the gist requires the mind of a 1st grader, and unless Sen was important in some other way I couldn't care less about having further information on him.

Congratulations on trying to cover up the fact you can't answer some of the questions by saying anyone that can't answer them is somehow devoid of intelligence and by generally being an ass, you're really coming across well.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#157Oil_Rope_Bombs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 9:06:25 AM
645 votes.

intredasting
---
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png http://i.imgur.com/Ut1W5.gif
#158Silent_AlarmPosted 12/26/2012 9:09:42 AM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
645 votes.

intredasting

Amazing what a front page link to bring in all the fanboys will do.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#159CaliberChampPosted 12/26/2012 9:19:46 AM
Further proof that dark souls fans are hugely biased. Over 40% of people think dark souls has deeper lore? You guys really do hate skyrim for all the wrong reasons even though it obviously wins this category by leaps and bounds. I was right about this board all along.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#160Oil_Rope_Bombs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 9:28:06 AM
From: Silent_Alarm | Posted: 12/26/2012 8:09:42 AM | #158
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
645 votes.

intredasting

Amazing what a front page link to bring in all the fanboys will do.

Woah, it was on the front page? Coolbeans.
---
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png http://i.imgur.com/Ut1W5.gif