Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#161Silent_AlarmPosted 12/26/2012 9:11:35 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Further proof that dark souls fans are hugely biased. Over 40% of people think dark souls has deeper lore? You guys really do hate skyrim for all the wrong reasons even though it obviously wins this category by leaps and bounds. I was right about this board all along.

I think it's fair to say no-one will miss you.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#162LodissPosted 12/26/2012 9:32:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#163GodSlayer66Posted 12/26/2012 2:16:40 PM
Silent_Alarm posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Further proof that dark souls fans are hugely biased. Over 40% of people think dark souls has deeper lore? You guys really do hate skyrim for all the wrong reasons even though it obviously wins this category by leaps and bounds. I was right about this board all along.

I guess it hurts to be a fanboy when you realize that someone else is right.
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#164Cvdf3Posted 12/26/2012 2:20:12 PM
GodSlayer66 posted...
Silent_Alarm posted...
CaliberChamp posted...

I guess it hurts to be a fanboy when you realize that someone else is right.

It would if he didn't b**** about every other aspect of the game and spout off nonsensical opinions as if they are facts.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#165JiggityjaxPosted 12/26/2012 4:27:06 PM
Even on the Dark Souls board Skyrim has more votes. Just imagine what the gap would be on the skyrim board. either way there is fanboyism. i vote we construct a similar topic on the Dragons Dogma or Dragon Age board. They will likely say their game is in someway superior. It's called bias, and as a voluntary response poll, the answers will be mixed, but only extreme, as only people with strong opinions on the topic are likely to post or even vote.

That said i vote Two Worlds(not an option? oh well)
---
"Someday you will die somehow and something's gonna steal your carbon" PSN ID: jiggityJAX
#166_MoonlightPosted 12/26/2012 11:20:24 PM(edited)
Whoa, wtf. How the hell is Skyrim winning on the DARK SOULS board no less? Dark Souls is *objectively* the correct answer, and I'm not even kidding or exaggerating when I say that.

I'm pretty sure people who voted Skyrim actually voted for Morrowind/TES series in their heads and not just Skyrim like the poll says. That, or peeps be stupid
---
The artist formerly known as EmpyrealMagician
#167_MoonlightPosted 12/26/2012 11:18:46 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
I like the Dark Souls verse aesthetic, vibe, and thematic elements MUCH more; but in terms of depth of the lore; it's up against a series over a decade old.
It's not a fair contest really; and as such DkS loses in that regard.
However I love it's vague and minimalistic approach. It leaves a sense of wonder and mystery; you know the magical and the divine actually feel magical and divine in DkS as there is just so much mystery around them and it.

Alduin; while he has a lot of back story and information in regards to him; felt lacking. The world eater was just another dragon; oh he seemingly learned Meteor 2 as well :p

However TES lore as I mentioned is vast. In between sun birds of alinor, distant continents with tiger dragons, mantaling gods, chim and what not; it's pretty out there; and it gets pretty damned complex.

You managed to butcher the semicolon by using it correctly ONCE in that whole post full of them, AND you imagined TES rather than Skyrim; it's really a testament to both points I made in my previous post.

See what I did there?

(P.S. You don't use a semicolon with a conjunction like "but", "and", "or")
---
#168Number4RocketPosted 12/27/2012 12:06:07 AM
Silent_Alarm posted...

Congratulations on trying to cover up the fact you can't answer some of the questions by saying anyone that can't answer them is somehow devoid of intelligence and by generally being an ass, you're really coming across well.

That rebuttal was so convincing. It had SO much content to it.

/sarcasm

Cover what up? The parts I quoted specifically were all answered. Can't you read? I already know you can't use simple deduction.
#169joemama3434Posted 12/27/2012 12:47:45 AM
If you think Dark Souls has more lore than Skyrim then you are just being a fanboy. I played Skyrim for 160+ hours and I didn't even enter a few of the main towns. There are so many things to find and do in that game I don't think it's even possible to uncover all the lore by yoursefl.
#170_MoonlightPosted 12/27/2012 12:50:17 AM
joemama3434 posted...
If you think Dark Souls has more lore than Skyrim then you are just being a fanboy. I played Skyrim for 160+ hours and I didn't even enter a few of the main towns. There are so many things to find and do in that game I don't think it's even possible to uncover all the lore by yoursefl.

"More" and "deeper" are two different words
---