Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#171Cvdf3Posted 12/27/2012 2:07:14 AM(edited)
Skyrim certainly has deeper lore, come on. I find Dark Souls much more interesting, but Skyrim has tons of history and story and stories within the story.
Dark Souls has good lore but it is simple stuff that is made deeper by the community guessing and adding to it; coming up with ideas and theories. That is possible because it is inherently simple. It alludes to depth.
Where as Skyrim (and TES in general) tells it to you up front and immerses the player in the actual story at hand (Souls main story is about 3 paragraphs long, any lore comes from the backstory and environments).

Still, Oil you are a terrible person for making this topic :P
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#172Oil_Rope_Bombs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:29:04 AM
joemama3434 posted...
If you think Dark Souls has more lore than Skyrim then you are just being a fanboy. I played Skyrim for 160+ hours and I didn't even enter a few of the main towns. There are so many things to find and do in that game I don't think it's even possible to uncover all the lore by yoursefl.

"More" and "deeper" are two different words

hey

do u like giant catgirls?

Still, Oil you are a terrible person for making this topic :P

:(
---
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png http://i.imgur.com/Ut1W5.gif
#173MagicTrufflezPosted 12/27/2012 3:05:35 AM
There's a really telling fact over these 18 (and counting) pages of posts: most everyone vehemently argueing for DS in this poll have to do a lot more rationalizing than the people who voted for Skyrim.

More rationalizing tends to = less of a basis for your point, in my experience. The reams and reams of well constructed world-building that go into TES pretty much puts DS' (and every other RPG out there) world-building to shame. Rant and rave about how DS balance between narrative and action makes it a better fit for the medium (an argument that is utterly inconsequential to the poll question), it's pretty obvious that you can spend literally days reading through TES lore, while it takes maybe a few google searches to get through DS.

This DOESN'T make DS a bad game at all, but I just think most people here don't quite understand the simplicity of the poll question.....
---
MH Tri : Virbius --- HR 58ish
#174sirch98Posted 12/27/2012 3:08:47 AM
what a successful troll.
---
I'm going to buy you so many lizards!-Philip J. Fry
PSN:Reaven1911
#175Silent_AlarmPosted 12/27/2012 4:35:23 AM
GodSlayer66 posted...
Silent_Alarm posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Further proof that dark souls fans are hugely biased. Over 40% of people think dark souls has deeper lore? You guys really do hate skyrim for all the wrong reasons even though it obviously wins this category by leaps and bounds. I was right about this board all along.

I think it's fair to say no-one will miss you.

I guess it hurts to be a fanboy when you realize that someone else is right.

Yeah, DkS fanboy thru-and-thru, I only played Skyrim for 400 hours, #YOLO #swag #GOML
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#176Silent_AlarmPosted 12/27/2012 4:57:57 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Silent_Alarm posted...

Congratulations on trying to cover up the fact you can't answer some of the questions by saying anyone that can't answer them is somehow devoid of intelligence and by generally being an ass, you're really coming across well.

That rebuttal was so convincing. It had SO much content to it.

/sarcasm

Cover what up? The parts I quoted specifically were all answered. Can't you read? I already know you can't use simple deduction.

Because you're totally wrong. Sen was a dragon. Sen's fortress wasn't built by a person called Sen at all, it was built by followers of his (the lizard creatures you fight there during the game) long before the age of fire, when dragons ruled the world. Although not the most powerful dragon, Sen was one of the dragons most revered by the world, so Gwyn knew that in order to legitimise his rule over Lordran, he needed to make an example of Sen and publicly destroy him during the war, which he did. In order to underline his supremacy over the dragons, he imprisoned the followers of Sen in the fortress that bears his name, and therefore everybody that travelled to Anor Londo would see what happened to even the most powerful of creatures that incurred Gwyn's wrath. However, when Gwyn left Anor Londo to link the fire, control over Sen's Fortress was lost to the followers of Sen; they closed the gate and activated the defences of the fortress to lay siege to Anor Londo, the final retribution for their fallen idol. However, the Golem's remained loyal to Gwyn, and upon hearing the ringing of the bells, broke free of their shackles and opened the gate to welcome their master home and end their servitude.
---
#177Silent_AlarmPosted 12/27/2012 4:59:12 AM
MagicTrufflez posted...
There's a really telling fact over these 18 (and counting) pages of posts

This user has lost all credibility.
---
#178Scorex_VIIPosted 12/27/2012 5:46:43 AM
Silent_Alarm posted...
MagicTrufflez posted...

Not everyone uses the same number of messages per page... I have 4 pages, cuz 50 messages per page is much better.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#179Silent_AlarmPosted 12/27/2012 6:23:50 AM
Scorex_VII posted...
Silent_Alarm posted...
MagicTrufflez posted...

Not everyone uses the same number of messages per page... I have 4 pages, cuz 50 messages per page is much better.

That was my point, how can I take anyone seriously who doesn't have 50 messages per page?
---
#180QwuallPosted 12/27/2012 10:30:00 AM
I think people are confused. Which world you prefer or find more interesting does not make it deeper. How deep the lore is all in the details around you.

Skyrim has hundreds of books with in depth explanations on why the world is the way it is and on why the people are the way they are. If you ask a question about anything.

After playing through each games you will come out with a much deeper understanding of skyrims world and history. I love dark souls more but we can't even be sure of it's simpler things like if its really havel himself in the watch tower.

Dark souls lore is lacking in information and even a ton of it is deliberate contradictions and lies to further its mystery. Most of the conclusions are brought by heavy speculation and assumptions.