Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#51CamelJames28Posted 12/24/2012 2:55:50 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
Comfy_Pillow posted...

more detail = depth.

The problem is that's not true.

If I give you a list of all the things an NPC ate in the past 5 months, a list of all his relatives, and other countless details that aren't actually compelling or interesting, all it does is add fluff/filler.

Depth is not merely amount.

Except that's now how TES does it. TES has a lot...a ****ing lot of compelling lore that goes insanely in depth. It's not just "fluff".
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#52Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 2:58:20 PM
CamelJames28 posted...

Except that's now how TES does it. TES has a lot...a ****ing lot of compelling lore that goes insanely in depth. It's not just "fluff".

Okay, sure, I wouldn't know.

However, the topic is about Skyrim, not about 3 or 4 (or however many) games combined against 1 game.
#53CaliberChampPosted 12/24/2012 3:00:25 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
. More characters, more places, more things = deeper lore.

Like I said, here come the different wavelengths.

More = deeper? Not to many.

A short novel can have more depth than the entire Rings trilogy, if the reader values thematic depth over countless details.

Never tell that to anyone in public, they will laugh at you and question your intelligence. More things really does mean more depth. Depth pertains to detail, and since there are many more characters, places and things in the Elder Scrolls world there is obviously going to be more depth in it.

That's like comparing a mom and pop shop to a Walmart. Walmart has more rules in place, more work, more associates, more customers, overall just more of everything. You' ll have more crazy stories of the weird people that you see at Walmart than you do in a small shop.
Hopefully you understand now, if not that's too bad, and get ready for people to laugh at you saying that a book like the Lord of the Rings has LESS depth in it than a book about Dora the Explorer. Come on man, where is your sense?
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#54HolyGravePosted 12/24/2012 3:07:09 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Number4Rocket posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
. More characters, more places, more things = deeper lore.

Like I said, here come the different wavelengths.

More = deeper? Not to many.

A short novel can have more depth than the entire Rings trilogy, if the reader values thematic depth over countless details.

Never tell that to anyone in public, they will laugh at you and question your intelligence. More things really does mean more depth. Depth pertains to detail, and since there are many more characters, places and things in the Elder Scrolls world there is obviously going to be more depth in it.

That's like comparing a mom and pop shop to a Walmart. Walmart has more rules in place, more work, more associates, more customers, overall just more of everything. You' ll have more crazy stories of the weird people that you see at Walmart than you do in a small shop.
Hopefully you understand now, if not that's too bad, and get ready for people to laugh at you saying that a book like the Lord of the Rings has LESS depth in it than a book about Dora the Explorer. Come on man, where is your sense?

Lol, your sig man, please, gtfo... Words don't describe your dumbness.
---
That there's some good in this world... And it's worth fighting for.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the world.
#55Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 3:10:14 PM
Is CaliberChamp's entire account supposed to be ironic?
#56UnderratedGamerPosted 12/24/2012 3:17:42 PM
Lord of the Rings; so none of the above.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#57ApexMjolnirPosted 12/24/2012 3:18:25 PM
If you have never played a FROM SOFTWARE game, then you would probably not understand the comedy right away.

The lore of Dark Souls, is how it should be. You died, but your soul is trapped, in a place that seems to not make any sense at all. the more time you spend there, the more you grow accustomed to it. This is not where you soul belongs. Instead of it becoming part of the living world, it inhabits and attempt to rule the world of the undead. In your quest of un-ease, you seek to grow stronger traveling to the furthest reaches of the land, killing everything you see, in a quest for domination.

You soul's domination, is not unrecognized, and the world itself seeks to expunge you from its walls. As such, the pillars of the un-dead world, trick you into becoming the gate keeper, and freeing the last soul who rustled the land in such a manner.

Your success is your demise, as going against the grain, impels you with the splinters of the world you are in, making you substantially a greater balance of the world you are in, versus the form you were whence you came. You are no longer you, you are the keeper. You are the seeked. You are.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#58TheJarvenPosted 12/24/2012 3:24:09 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/64997351?page=5

This topic probably came up because I said

Skyrim Lore>Dark Souls Lore.

I'm glad to know that Skyrim's lore is far superior to that of Dark Souls.

Dark Souls story and universe is vague and doesn't make much sense. Some may even call it halfassed at time.
---
I love my asian Girlfriend ;DD
#59HolyGravePosted 12/24/2012 3:30:10 PM
O god damn stop posting stupid posts in this topic if you haven't read about the lore, watch videos about it, gtfo stupid skyrim fanboys.
---
That there's some good in this world... And it's worth fighting for.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the world.
#60AtrabiliousPosted 12/24/2012 3:31:47 PM
TES series has a ridiculous amount of lore behind it, the scale of it is literally staggering. To believe that Dark Souls even remotely rivals TES in any way at all where the concept of lore is concerned is delusional at best.

Even if we took Skyrim alone, the plethora of in-game books detailing just a handful of the many historic events that take place within its story blows Dark Souls out of the water.

The dichotomy of the Et'aedra and the Daedra, not to mention the concept of aspects among Gods ('mirror brothers') has more substance and facets to it than the entirety of the Dark Souls plot put together. Nevermind the rest of the lore in TES.

It's not a case of quality vs quantity, because TES has both. Dark Souls has a reasonable amount of the former and very little of the latter.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.