Which game has deeper lore: This or Skyrim?

#61aneed4peedPosted 12/24/2012 2:31:58 PM
Skyrim has amazing lore. And it is all pretty much solid. Dark Souls lore is like 90% speculation.

So Skyrim.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#62HolyGravePosted 12/24/2012 2:34:16 PM
If dark souls would have 5 games, it would have better lore than TES, tes is around for yearsss while dark souls is only around for 1-2 years.
---
That there's some good in this world... And it's worth fighting for.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the world.
#63aneed4peedPosted 12/24/2012 2:34:31 PM
O god damn stop posting stupid posts in this topic if you haven't read about the lore, watch videos about it, gtfo stupid skyrim fanboys.

Rofl. Calm down princess, tis' just a flame bait topic.
---
#64Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 2:37:42 PM
aneed4peed posted...
O god damn stop posting stupid posts in this topic if you haven't read about the lore, watch videos about it, gtfo stupid skyrim fanboys.

Rofl. Calm down princess, tis' just a flame bait topic.

Gotta agree with that. Except that princes tend to be overemotional and whiny way more than princesses.
#65AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/24/2012 2:41:24 PM(edited)
TES (Skyrim specifically) had a number of games to build lore from, Dark Souls practically only has itself.

Though I do wonder, because Dark Souls lore is a ton of speculation, doesn't that mean it can have endless amounts of lore made by the community or depending on what someone thinks, rather than Skyrim where the lore is set in stone and what you see is what you get?
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Thinking up new polls.
#66aneed4peedPosted 12/24/2012 2:45:16 PM
TES had a number of games to build lroe from, Dark Souls practically only has itself.

Though I do wonder, because Dark Souls lore is a ton of speculation, doesn't that mean it can have endless amounts of lore made by the community or depending on what someone thinks, rather than Skyrim where the lore is set in stone and what you see is what you get?

We would have to ask the topic creator if speculation lore counts or not. But even then Skyrim would come out on top because Tamriel is so vast and there is so much unexplained and unexplored. With Dark Souls, we only know what we experienced in the first game, Skyrim has 5 games going for it and there are so many books and notes and areas, each with minor hidden references, way more speculation potential there.
---
#67TheJarvenPosted 12/24/2012 2:46:42 PM
HolyGrave posted...

Be honest with yourself. The lore in this game is non-existent. I have watched videos about Dark Souls lore and they're generally some guy quoting two lines from in-game description of an item and speculating about its connections to a character. The lore of this game is a little deeper than the whole Monster Hunter series.
---
I love my asian Girlfriend ;DD
#68Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 2:46:49 PM
If the topic was "Which game has more lore:" there would be no argument whatsoever. Gotta love TC for starting this.
#69Number4RocketPosted 12/24/2012 2:49:23 PM
TheJarven posted...
HolyGrave posted...

Be honest with yourself. The lore in this game is non-existent. I have watched videos about Dark Souls lore and they're generally some guy quoting two lines from in-game description of an item and speculating about its connections to a character. The lore of this game is a little deeper than the whole Monster Hunter series.

All this thread needs now is blatant trolling. Geez, stop this. Before people think you're serious.
#70AtrabiliousPosted 12/24/2012 2:50:10 PM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
TES (Skyrim specifically) had a number of games to build lore from, Dark Souls practically only has itself.

Well, not really, no. I mean speculation is all well and good and EpicNameBro's lore videos are fantastic. But they're fantastic because his speculation is informed by information he's gleaned from the game. It's worth listening to because he has a logical basis for his speculation, and it makes sense because of that.

When you start to speculate too much and deviate from what's actually presented, you essentially just get fanfiction. People can think that Gwynevere was a sultry maiden who set up Smores and Ores to sift through the chaff of men looking to bang her, doesn't mean the lore is infinite or deep, just means someone's exercising their imagination.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.