Demon Souls Too Easy. How about dark souls?

#11SeanChan10Posted 12/29/2012 10:28:51 AM
WATAUGACJ posted...
Mactation posted...
Sackboy_ posted...
hi_polymer posted...
We pretty much beat the game cooperatively

lol
#12cirkmetroidPosted 12/29/2012 10:51:28 AM
It's a difficult comparison really. A lot of the difficulty in Demon's Souls comes down to the fact that if you die in a world, you have to start the world all over again. There are many shortcuts you can open up to make it not so bad, but especially on a blind first play through, you won't always find all of those short cuts.

The bonfires in Dark Souls change this IMMENSELY.

The other thing to consider with difficulty comparison is that across the board, Demon's Souls bosses are MUCH easier to cheese than some of the Dark Souls bosses. I can't think of a single Demon's Souls boss that didn't have some insanely cheesy way to win, and often times it was so apparent, especially to a person that was playing the entire game with a really paranoid mindset. There are some bosses in Dark Souls like this, but not even close to as many.

I mean seriously, how many people seriously killed the armor spider with MELEE on their first or second play through? I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people completely cheesed it with arrows. For that matter, arrows in Demon's Souls made so many fights so much easier.

So what I'm effectively saying here is that it seems like FOR A FIRST TIME PLAYER, Demon's Souls had more difficult stages, and easier boss fights, and this situation was flipped around a little bit with Dark Souls.

Personally I prefer the Demon's Souls level formula, it reminded me a lot of the golden days of gaming, before save points and the like.
---
PSN: Cirkustanz
.....still refusing to give up hope of another Legacy of Kain game. Or at least an HD remake.
#13Ireland_FTWPosted 12/29/2012 11:03:28 AM(edited)
Try doing a no level-up run. It's pretty tough, especially once you get to NG+
---
'I blew really really hard' - Link_AJ
I drew this picture: http://i.imgur.com/aWxzd.jpg
#14Sackboy_Posted 12/29/2012 10:55:55 AM
SeanChan10 posted...
WATAUGACJ posted...
Mactation posted...
Sackboy_ posted...
hi_polymer posted...

lol
#15SolidKnightPosted 12/29/2012 11:22:00 AM
Demon's Souls isn't any harder than Dark Souls; it's more obtuse though. Most of the bosses are pushovers. The enemies aren't too difficult either and there are few environmental hazards either. I've been breezing through all my playthroughs since the first time I played.

Demon's Souls also has a lot more effective ways to cheese the game than Dark Souls does.
#16produnerPosted 12/29/2012 11:26:47 AM
WATAUGACJ posted...
Mactation posted...
Sackboy_ posted...
hi_polymer posted...

lol
#17SoaringDivePosted 12/29/2012 11:33:08 AM
Darn it, only allowed a max of 5 quote boxes :/
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#18RyoufuPosted 12/29/2012 11:40:49 AM
produner posted...
WATAUGACJ posted...
Mactation posted...
Sackboy_ posted...
hi_polymer posted...

lol

Good ol' JOLLY COOPERATION