Just beat ornstein and smough solo.

#11GmanPosted 1/1/2013 7:12:51 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to see that people find them so difficult. I'm stubborn I guess... I never get help with bosses. I keep trying until I succeed, and these guys took me probably 15 tries. Once I had their pattern down, it wasn't too bad. Take out Ornstein first, then fatty if melee. The pillars practically feel like cheating. They make the fight 10x easier than if the room was wide open.
#12doraemonllh1989Posted 1/1/2013 7:13:59 PM
i solo them last time too,i won after a few tries,and then i gave up solo them in other new game,i just summon solaire,make things easier
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#13AlltraPosted 1/1/2013 7:21:58 PM
Congrats dude.

I managed to do the same thing, only I was doing a Low Level Game at the time, using a SL 4 Hunter as my character of choice.

Unfortunately, I had no such luck on my NG+ run. I'm tempted to try again, just to see if I've gotten any better since then. I'd have to start from scratch though, since that file ended up being my "Platinum" file, and I leveled up quite a bit just to make things less tedious with the repeated playthroughs to earn all the Boss Souls I needed.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#14Rawe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 9:14:15 PM
Thanks. Yeah it took mew a few hours but, it was difficult. Surprisingly after I beat them I wanted to fight them again. I took out Ornstein first. Than it wasn't that hard with Smough. Just dodge his big attacks and such.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#15gfacchiniPosted 1/2/2013 10:05:05 AM
I beat them both solo too but they didn't drop anything? Other than a soul or whatever. Thought I was supposed to get some gear. Pretty unhappy about that :(
#16haarlem1982Posted 1/2/2013 10:17:58 AM
gfacchini posted...
I beat them both solo too but they didn't drop anything? Other than a soul or whatever. Thought I was supposed to get some gear. Pretty unhappy about that :(

If you beat Ornstein last, he'll drop the Leo ring, afterwards you can buy the armor of the one you killed last from Domhall at Firelink.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82
#17LivesPosted 1/2/2013 10:32:18 AM
m415mike posted...
I'm surprised at the lack of condescending comments. It's nice.

They are definitely one of the hardest bosses to solo. You're very far along on your path to mastering this game now that you've managed this. You also get to enjoy one of the perks of doing so; you can now summon people on your subsequent play-throughs with the knowledge that you don't NEED to. Congratulations!

What? You're mastering the game when you can beat them solo at base SL with starting equipment. That will leave your hands shaking. I bet few people can do that, but go to youtube and check out ENB's challenge videos. When you can replicate that, then you are good to go.

Congratulations anyhow, defeating them solo your first time is definitely a big milestone in this game. At least, it was for me. And I also agree with the other poster that New Londo Ruins boss is quite difficult for new players, since it teaches them to do everything differently that they have been doing for the past how many hours it's taken them to get there.
#18gfacchiniPosted 1/2/2013 10:34:48 AM
haarlem1982 posted...
gfacchini posted...

If you beat Ornstein last, he'll drop the Leo ring, afterwards you can buy the armor of the one you killed last from Domhall at Firelink.

Ahhhh, OK, I beat Ornstein first. What's supposed to happen there?
#19haarlem1982Posted 1/2/2013 10:36:46 AM
Well, pre patch 1.04 you'd get the leo ring anyway, but, not anymore. Now you just get Smough's soul and get to buy his armor from Domhall.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82
#20LivesPosted 1/2/2013 10:38:49 AM
gfacchini posted...
haarlem1982 posted...
gfacchini posted...

Ahhhh, OK, I beat Ornstein first. What's supposed to happen there?

If you beat Ornstein first and Smough second, you don't get any sort of ring. You get Smough's soul, which allows you to build his hammer, which takes... I think 58 Strength to wield. You also can get his armor instead of Ornstein's, and it's actually not bar. Has tons of physical defense.

For beating Smough First and Ornstein second, you get the Leo Ring which boosts counter-attack damage from weapons that deal thrust/piercing damage. His soul can be used to make the Dragonslayer Spear, which is a nice spear. His armor is a decent medium set, but can't be upgraded, so it will be outclassed by some other sets when you decide to pick armor to upgrade, depending on the situation.