What is a good "Horizontal Slash" weapon?

#11lKaddlPosted 1/1/2013 9:12:36 PM
all of these weapons suck.

estoc 1hr2, broadsword/barbed straight sword 1hr1 and 1 or 2h r2, and longsword 1hr2 and 2hr2.
---
Kadd
http://www.last.fm/user/Kaddillak
#12doraemonllh1989Posted 1/1/2013 9:27:19 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
DexterFalcon posted...
Arguably the best move set in the game.

lol have fun arguing

Best moveset is any longspear+dwgr

Balder sword is good too, but its probably the most overrated weapon in the game lol

longspear....DAT JAB

im amaze that most of my opponent try to rush me head on while i was two handed spear with power within and wolf ring
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#13KishinZephritePosted 1/2/2013 6:09:49 AM
The Scythe's 1h R2 is a somewhat quick, horizontal/diagonal attack with range. It's probably the quickest move it has when attacking once and moving (fast rolling afterwards is great for keeping distance). The 2h R2 leaves you more exposed with 2 spinning horizontal strikes, and recovering from this takes twice as long as the 1h R2.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#14The moonlight knightPosted 1/2/2013 10:06:02 AM
The great scythe's 1h R2s are pretty large, powerful horizontal sweeps. The Black Knight Greataxe's 1h R1s are essentially the same sort of attack, massive sweeping swings.

In terms of weapons like the drake sword, you'd likely be best off with Balder Side Sword's 1h R1s.

However, Partizan's R2s are pretty cool sweeping horizontal attacks, despite it being spear. Maybe worth a look.

Halberd, Gargoyle Halberd, Scythe, Lucerne all have sorta sweepy horizontal R2s.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#15shadowsofdawnPosted 1/2/2013 10:09:35 AM
large club 1H R2. All the sweep you'll ever need.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#16The moonlight knightPosted 1/2/2013 10:10:46 AM
Oh yeah, Large Club's 1h R2 is an awesome lunging sweep attack. The follow-up R2 is kinda bleh though unfortunately.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#17acangialPosted 1/2/2013 10:32:41 AM
As already mentioned, Silver Knight Sword has a wicked horizontal swip. It also is holy, thus a great weapon for Catacombs. I leveled that spear to the max (as well as having good Dex stats) and never died once in Catacombs, the ONLY level thus far where I never died. I was literally 1 shotting 3 skeletons at a time with the R2/RT.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#18acangialPosted 1/2/2013 10:34:10 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
The great scythe's 1h R2s are pretty large, powerful horizontal sweeps. The Black Knight Greataxe's 1h R1s are essentially the same sort of attack, massive sweeping swings.

In terms of weapons like the drake sword, you'd likely be best off with Balder Side Sword's 1h R1s.

However, Partizan's R2s are pretty cool sweeping horizontal attacks, despite it being spear. Maybe worth a look.

Halberd, Gargoyle Halberd, Scythe, Lucerne all have sorta sweepy horizontal R2s.

Yes, Great Scythe is freakin' awesome if you are a Dex character. It's swipe is right up there with Silver Knight Spear.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#19LivesPosted 1/2/2013 10:36:02 AM
CaptainWolf posted...
Everything mentioned above and Curved Greatswords.
It's not a C-GS but the Flamberge is tons-o-fun.

Flamberge is a very cool weapon, and I hardly ever see them in PVP. It was the first weapon I ever took to +15... be unique and use a Flamberge!