Looking to switch weapons

#1Sackboy_Posted 1/2/2013 9:58:01 AM
So I've been with my reinforced club for some time now (+10, thinking of going +15) and its helping me a ton, but I was wondering if there was something better I could invest in (or course around 4 weight points)
#2tlnPosted 1/2/2013 10:03:10 AM
Stats?
#3Sackboy_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:08:52 AM
tln posted...
Stats?

Oh, Im sorry about that.

here you go; http://mmdks.com/ms2
#4Crimson681Posted 1/2/2013 10:10:27 AM
Why don't you use a light crossbow instead of a short bow? You can get 374 physical damage using heavy bolts.
#5Sackboy_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:13:35 AM
Crimson681 posted...
Why don't you use a light crossbow instead of a short bow? You can get 374 physical damage using heavy bolts.

I don't really have much experience using bows, but I usually only use them to get certain enemies closer to me (I don't expect it to do high damage). And since it weighs less, I find it useful.
#6acangialPosted 1/2/2013 10:27:42 AM
Sackboy_ posted...
tln posted...
Stats?

Oh, Im sorry about that.

Holy Smokes. I really do learn something new and exciting everyday about this game. I didn't even freakin know this online calculator existed.

In any event, I am a DEX build and so my weapon experience can't help here. However, I would certainly recommend trying another weapon that will change up your current playstyle and still benefit from max STR bonuses. I have a variety of Dex weapons that I enjoy using. Have you considered building a STR weapon that also has Holy stats on it? You are definitely going to need a divine weapon of some sort for Catacombs (if you don't already know that).
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#7orphanjohnPosted 1/2/2013 11:45:11 AM
Man Serpent GS
Large Club
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 1/2/2013 11:56:28 AM
There's really not much better you can do for a STR based weapon with such low weight. There are better STR weapons, but you'll have to be willing to use something heavier.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9Sackboy_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:58:04 PM
acangial posted...
Sackboy_ posted...
tln posted...
Stats?

Oh, Im sorry about that.

Holy Smokes. I really do learn something new and exciting everyday about this game. I didn't even freakin know this online calculator existed.

In any event, I am a DEX build and so my weapon experience can't help here. However, I would certainly recommend trying another weapon that will change up your current playstyle and still benefit from max STR bonuses. I have a variety of Dex weapons that I enjoy using. Have you considered building a STR weapon that also has Holy stats on it? You are definitely going to need a divine weapon of some sort for Catacombs (if you don't already know that).

I honestly never thought about any Holy stats, I've been focusing so much on this character with STR. I have a DEX character, but for some reason (i don't know if it was just how I allocated my stats) I did low damage at first and I didn't really enjoy it too much. I know about the divine weapon, thinking of getting a +10 club, since +5 is a pain in NG+
#10Sackboy_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:59:08 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
There's really not much better you can do for a STR based weapon with such low weight. There are better STR weapons, but you'll have to be willing to use something heavier.

I'm fine with making adjustments, as long as it isn't too heavy.