Rumor: DarkSouls Difficulty has been massively nerfed since release....

#31HeavensEndPosted 1/3/2013 3:17:49 PM
Yeah I miss the agro range. Like New Londo. Man back in the day if you didn't kill the 1st darkwraith you saw real fast, you ended up basically getting ganked by them.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender
#32LivesPosted 1/3/2013 3:35:46 PM
HeavensEnd posted...
Yeah I miss the agro range. Like New Londo. Man back in the day if you didn't kill the 1st darkwraith you saw real fast, you ended up basically getting ganked by them.

Yeah I noticed this too. If you are in that little rectangle with ankle-deep water and waited there for a few seconds 2 or 3 would come running up... you had to be faster. I didn't know they changed that.... but I was always wondering why they were never running at me out there anymore...then again...I'm much faster now than I used to be...
#33ElfergosPosted 1/3/2013 4:02:32 PM
Its about the same, pre patch the game had some very poorly balanced items/spells/armour/weapons - iirc dusks skirt had almost the best defence in the game fully upgraded. Elemental damage has been nerfed successively in just about every patch since, there have been slight improvements to scaling, pyro has been nerfed in just about every successive patch, the DWGR took a heavy nerf in the latest patch and all enemies HP was increased slightly. The most significant nerf to the game was probably the aggro range of the dragon-like creatures on the lava field in the izalith - that area was dreadful but some people were rather upset by the change - I can only imagine it was mostly invaders looking for cheap ganks. Some bosses were toned down a bit - ornsteins explosive spear skewer move comes to mind - that used to OHKO you before, and I think they moved some enemies around so you didn't get ganged up on as much early on.

Just like was stated, pre-patch you could cheese practically every boss - just max out a lightning weapon, equip the crystal ring shield, cast iron skin and practically nothing could beat you.