If you could pick another company besides Fromsoft to make Dark Souls...

#51DuneManPosted 1/3/2013 5:17:21 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Zasamel01 posted...
lol ask all the dragon age fans series is dead in the water after part 2.

I don't know why everyone is fussing. Dragon Age 2 was a huge step up from the original.

Eh, I'll just copy a post I made earlier today that deals with DA2:

DA2 basically represents everything people dislike about the 'appeal to the lowest common denominator' approach to game design. Anything complex is either dumbed down or removed and replaced with flashy fluff. It's the same sort of thinking that leads to things like the 'awesome button', but Bioware went with the worst parts of it.

Added onto that though is the absolutely lazy way Bioware did level design. They reuse the same room or area a half dozen times or more and just section it off nonchalantly each time. There isn't even a token attempt to keep anything fresh. The very least they could have done in a situation like that is to rethink their level editor into a compartmentalized system such as you'd find with console titles like Tenchu or Timesplitters. At least then you could reuse basic assets and arrange them in a myriad of ways with a simple drop-in system.

And then there is Anders... who brings up the plot. But also, Anders. That's a huge Dubya Tee Eff moment. WT-Flying-F were they thinking when that was greenlighted? He's worse than some ankle-biter mutt trying to dry hump your leg. His antics were made all the worse by the fact that he was already an established character, reduced to so little merely to function as a convenient plot device later in the story. I daresay Bioware would have done better if they just had multiple people work out entirely different stories for him and then just spliced them together moment to moment similar to players doing a Dice Warden run of the game.

---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#52wafflekingsPosted 1/3/2013 5:18:48 PM
ljn

There was an error posting your message: Messages cannot be in all uppercase. Turn off your CAPS LOCK.
#53Kingmichael1337Posted 1/3/2013 5:21:52 PM
bethesda b/c they're better
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#54Rideps1Posted 1/3/2013 5:24:01 PM
Capcom, just so more people hate them.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#55Zasamel01Posted 1/3/2013 5:37:09 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Zasamel01 posted...

I don't know why everyone is fussing. Dragon Age 2 was a huge step up from the original.

only the battle system everything else meh.same stages ,game breaking bugs, Archer was easy mode.
---
HE GON GET DIS WORK!
Aint it evil to live backwards.
#56KishinZephritePosted 1/3/2013 5:55:02 PM
Square-enix. If they applied some of the features from a game like Vagrant Story (specific body parts reacting to hits causing accuracy/movement/etc reduction and climbing walls while not currently armed) and made a real-time game out of it, you could have the recipe for an even more amazing game than Dark Souls.

Did anyone else play Vagrant Story before they got Dark Souls? I was hoping the Dark souls counter system was a deep as it is in Vagrant Story, where you're able to pick 3 defensive abilities that alter the damage you receive in certain ways.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#57AsellusaPosted 1/3/2013 6:07:01 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Zasamel01 posted...

I don't even..

To the Atlus suggestions: Nocturne gives a good idea of punishing difficulty..

But I don't think they'd do well with it.

Team Ico seems like a pretty good contender.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#58Zasamel01Posted 1/3/2013 6:09:05 PM
KishinZephrite posted...
Square-enix. If they applied some of the features from a game like Vagrant Story (specific body parts reacting to hits causing accuracy/movement/etc reduction and climbing walls while not currently armed) and made a real-time game out of it, you could have the recipe for an even more amazing game than Dark Souls.

Did anyone else play Vagrant Story before they got Dark Souls? I was hoping the Dark souls counter system was a deep as it is in Vagrant Story, where you're able to pick 3 defensive abilities that alter the damage you receive in certain ways.

square dead dude,they been dead for years there best years were ps1.when was the last time a above average game from them.
---
HE GON GET DIS WORK!
Aint it evil to live backwards.
#59sirch98Posted 1/3/2013 6:16:45 PM
Anyone but Ubisoft/Bioware and all the FPS gaming companies.

Team Ico (the good ones, that made SoC) or THQ....
---
I'm going to buy you so many lizards!-Philip J. Fry
PSN:Reaven1911
#60KishinZephritePosted 1/3/2013 6:20:38 PM(edited)
My point is that square made some pretty hardcore game designs in the ps1 era and Dark Souls represents hardcore game design of this era. If they just rediscovered the roots of their games appeal, they could feasibly make an action adventure like Dark Souls with dynamic story elements like in Vagrant Story to make a really memorable game.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega