My friend suggested I buy this game, and its terrible.

#31GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:55:21 PM
Mactation posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
TC please explain to me your problem with the controls. Not being a jerk, I just honestly want to know what you find unplayable.

I keep honestly pushing square to fight (Ive been playing JRPG's nearly most of my life) That's all I ever play. my friend suggested hey, get this game, its hard but fun. I thought why not. Also, the targeting button being R3 is so clunky too. I'd much rather have it be L1 or L2, and have my parry Guard moved to triangle circle. Im just used to your combative moves being on the X [] () /\, not L1/L2/R2/R1 if that makes sense. and its not that im terrible at the game or "not getting it" Im just really used to these controls. reaaaaally used to them :S

So, your problem is that you don't have to claw to have fluid camera control while fighting? What's your gameplan for the Invader that's running from behind you for the backstab if you can't easily manipulate the camera to view all areas? Stand perfectly still and get sniped by a spell while you try to look around?

the camera is fine. Im talking about the targeting system. hitting the R3 button and flicking it is unsual to me. Im used to L1 targeting like in the KH series and various other Rpgs.
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#32MactationPosted 1/3/2013 6:57:20 PM
GrapeKiwi posted...
the camera is fine. Im talking about the targeting system. hitting the R3 button and flicking it is unsual to me. Im used to L1 targeting like in the KH series and various other Rpgs.

What I'm saying is, that if they had the option to move it around like that, your hands wouldn't be on the camera, you'd have to claw in order to operate both the camera and combat at the same time. The way it is now, you can do both without any kind of hand positions that will have onlookers wondering if you're possessed.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/30nk97c.jpg
#33GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:58:57 PM
Mactation posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...

What I'm saying is, that if they had the option to move it around like that, your hands wouldn't be on the camera, you'd have to claw in order to operate both the camera and combat at the same time. The way it is now, you can do both without any kind of hand positions that will have onlookers wondering if you're possessed.

Im sure its probably more efficient then the other way, but it's just probably going to take the longest to get used to for me, and unfortunately its one of the most important aspects of this game `-`
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
#34KishinZephritePosted 1/3/2013 7:02:52 PM
Whenever I'm not used to a game's controls, I spend as much time needed in a safe area figuring it out. Don't rush into an enemy filled area when you feel you're not effective with the controls yet.

Just look at like this: The right shoulder buttons represent your right hand and the left shoulder buttons represent your left and your index fingers always have access to them.
---
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega
#35SolidKnightPosted 1/3/2013 7:03:49 PM
The controls work like every shooter's controls.
#36GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:08:23 PM
SolidKnight posted...
The controls work like every shooter's controls.

and I dont play FPS games. <_<
---
#37AdethPosted 1/3/2013 7:16:49 PM
My friend suggested I read this thread, and its terrible.
#38GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:18:48 PM
Adeth posted...
My friend suggested I read this thread, and its terrible.

you have good friends. :)
---
#39AnorBrandoPosted 1/3/2013 7:23:26 PM
GrapeKiwi posted...
Terrible controls (can't change them either, splendid)

Sure you can, what are you talking about?

It's very easy to make it so the triangle button equips the Flak Jacket, and the Square no longer controls the grenades but the scope.

Cmon dude, you obviously didn't review the training video that came with your CD...
---
PSN: BreakingBadAss
#40sirch98Posted 1/3/2013 7:24:16 PM
Maybe instead of making threads complaining you should go redo the tutorial and read all the messages....
How do you not know how to do any other controls then...Kingdom Hearts... I fear for you when you are playing more then 1 game...
---
I'm going to buy you so many lizards!-Philip J. Fry
PSN:Reaven1911