My friend suggested I buy this game, and its terrible.

#41AdethPosted 1/3/2013 6:26:21 PM
Seriously though, you'll get more out of the controls if you see the game more as a tactical melee combat game, rather than your traditional japanese action adventure.

Left hand actions with left shoulder buttons. Right hand actions with right shoulder buttons. Made sense to me, and I got used to it really quickly.
#42shoe7essPosted 1/3/2013 6:28:30 PM
KishinZephrite posted...
Whenever I'm not used to a game's controls, I spend as much time needed in a safe area figuring it out. Don't rush into an enemy filled area when you feel you're not effective with the controls yet.

Just look at like this: The right shoulder buttons represent your right hand and the left shoulder buttons represent your left and your index fingers always have access to them.

This, I'd suggest going under where you are right now (assuming you're at Firelink still). You'll see a big abandoned city with a bunch of passive dreglings. On your left after the elevator you'll see a series of bridges, at the end of the first is a huge open area filled with non-harmful mobs to test your skills on.
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like an idiot, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#43McJephPosted 1/3/2013 6:33:44 PM
The controls can take adapting.

Ironically - when I first started Demon's Souls way back when I too had the problem where I would always try to press square to attack. Especially when I alternated games.

You'll get used to the adjustment and when you do - it's worth it.

It is also fairly efficient.
#44GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 6:47:15 PM
shoe7ess posted...
KishinZephrite posted...
Whenever I'm not used to a game's controls, I spend as much time needed in a safe area figuring it out. Don't rush into an enemy filled area when you feel you're not effective with the controls yet.

Just look at like this: The right shoulder buttons represent your right hand and the left shoulder buttons represent your left and your index fingers always have access to them.

This, I'd suggest going under where you are right now (assuming you're at Firelink still). You'll see a big abandoned city with a bunch of passive dreglings. On your left after the elevator you'll see a series of bridges, at the end of the first is a huge open area filled with non-harmful mobs to test your skills on.

Im in undead berg (sp?) my friend found me though, and we linked up. Gonna take on that taurus boss again, :)
OH - and someone invaded me (rofl) he was raping me until he fell off the edge. smoooooth..
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#45kamikaze135Posted 1/3/2013 6:57:05 PM
You're supposed to play the game very cautiously. Look around every corner with the camera, prepare to block/roll, lure enemies out, and don't get surrounded. Don't play this game like an action game. At least not yet anyway.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#46ffogellPosted 1/3/2013 7:22:15 PM
terrible controls ? really ?
#47shadowsofdawnPosted 1/3/2013 7:28:06 PM
Mactation posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...
so then there will be controls in dark soul 2?

That's the problem with trolls these days, they all start the threads out with a ton of potential then, 3 posts later, they get lazy and post like this.

Glad I wasn't the only one to spot how obvious of a troll question this was.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#48GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:31:54 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Mactation posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...
so then there will be controls in dark soul 2?

That's the problem with trolls these days, they all start the threads out with a ton of potential then, 3 posts later, they get lazy and post like this.

Glad I wasn't the only one to spot how obvious of a troll question this was.

wow sherlock holmes. you want an award?
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
#49CrayonmuffinPosted 1/3/2013 7:32:12 PM
This post gave me a good laugh. Thanks, TC.
#50GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:44:49 PM
Crayonmuffin posted...
This post gave me a good laugh. Thanks, TC.

glad someone can take a joke.
I actually am enjoying this game. steep learning curve for me though. will take some time :P
---