Is Demon's Souls easier than Dark Souls?

#21Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:01:45 AM
There are no bonfires in Demons Souls?
---
You mirin' brah?
#22unclesokPosted 1/4/2013 12:06:36 AM
No,the game is pretty different.

No bonfires

Health and Mana are restored by eating herbs. You can carry a lot of them, and they take about the same time to eat as Estus Flask

Archery is quite useful in Demon Souls

There is only magic which includes fire spells too

There are miracles but some different ones; and a few that I'd of liked in Dark Souls

Armor is that helpful, especially in new game +

You can upgrade weapons not armor

There's a world tendency, white n black, and different events happen. Both the world has tendency and so does your character

Invading is is done with a single gem you keep so you can invade anytime

You can summon folks, which always worked better in Demon Souls

It's a great game, read the Wiki though seriously, enjoy.
---
How can men who've never seen light be enlightened?
#23KBGiantsfanPosted 1/4/2013 12:08:26 AM
IMO, both games are challenging in different ways
---
PSN: KBGiantsfan
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kblunt420?feature=mhee
#24Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:13:12 AM
The world tendencies thingy got me confused. What's this talk of pure white and pure black?
---
You mirin' brah?
#25AlbinoCrocodilePosted 1/4/2013 12:21:34 AM
Demon's Souls was hardly all that difficult if at all, but it was still great fun.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
#26PatoIsGodPosted 1/4/2013 12:30:30 AM
Don't worry too much about world tendency TC, just take suicide in the nexus whenever you get revived after beating a boss so you don't accidentally shift the game into black world tendency which will make the game harder.
#27MactationPosted 1/4/2013 12:34:33 AM
PatoIsGod posted...
Don't worry too much about world tendency TC, just take suicide in the nexus whenever you get revived after beating a boss so you don't accidentally shift the game into black world tendency which will make the game harder.

Which you'll want to do before advancing to NG+ regardless as there's quite a few PBWT only items in each area.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/30nk97c.jpg
#28Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 12:35:07 AM
What's PBWT? peanut butter with toast?
---
You mirin' brah?
#29SAYanythingELSEPosted 1/4/2013 12:41:08 AM
It really depends. The enemies in Demon's Souls are a lot easier to handle, in my opinion, whereas the bosses are extremely difficult if you attempt them blindly. In Dark Souls, from my personal experience, I found that the enemies were consistently difficult and the bosses provided a challenge, yet not as much as the bosses in Demon's Souls. Throughout both games, I had more trouble getting through Demon's Souls.
---
"There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky-- one sky, one destiny."
#30cowdisciplePosted 1/4/2013 12:47:54 AM
Phophenomenon posted...
What's PBWT? peanut butter with toast?

Pure Black world tendency. It's like being Gravelorded. But, you get more souls and some unique events and items.