Is Demon's Souls easier than Dark Souls?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Demon's Souls easier than Dark Souls?
3 years ago#41
It feels as though I died about as many times in Dark Souls as Demon's Souls. However, I was still learning how the system worked and how to build a character in Demon's Souls, while I started Dark Souls already knowing what to expect and having a strong build to carry over.

I'm gonna say that in my experience. Dark Souls was harder in an absolute sense.
3 years ago#42
NateRose89 posted...
The harder game is the one you play first. That's it. Anyone saying otherwise is plain wrong.

But from a neutral standpoint, Dark Souls is harder.

For a long while I was convinced Demon's is harder, since it was the first one I played. Butt, I came back to it after a few months of Dark Souls, and I beat it in 2 days with only 2-3 unintentional deaths, and got every secret weapon. All done solo.
---
*is officially Hitoshura*
3 years ago#43
JimiMorrison187 posted...
BTW...Demon's Souls is availableon PSN right now too and they are having a PWWT event for 2 weeks so it will be the easiest it is ever gonna be right now.

So...anyone that wanted to get all the PWWT events that never did better hoop on Demon's right now as well. >_>

NOOOOO :( i only needed to do the PBWT events on my dex guy :/ Can i still enter PBWT with this event?
---
http://tinyurl.com/cm3lfqw
3 years ago#44
I think it depends on your playstyle. I find DeS more difficult because my aggressive melee style benefits tremendously from the poise only available in Dark Souls. Furthermore, the hardest Black Phantoms (also King Doran) in DeS are WAY tougher than anything in Dark Souls. Considering these facts, it's actually pretty obvious that DeS has harder (pure black) challenges.
---
HunterSC.tv - Subscribe for complete Souls coverage
3 years ago#45
HolyGrave posted...
JimiMorrison187 posted...
BTW...Demon's Souls is availableon PSN right now too and they are having a PWWT event for 2 weeks so it will be the easiest it is ever gonna be right now.

So...anyone that wanted to get all the PWWT events that never did better hoop on Demon's right now as well. >_>

NOOOOO :( i only needed to do the PBWT events on my dex guy :/ Can i still enter PBWT with this event?

While the event is running you would have to switch to offline mode before shifting a world's tendency to pure black.
---
HunterSC.tv - Subscribe for complete Souls coverage
3 years ago#46
What makes the unique named Black Phantoms hard? Like practically all the enemies in Des, they have really limited movesets that make them easy as hell to counter.
---
Fighting games man, it's like, damn that's good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGv1tuu8us
3 years ago#47
Demon's Souls forces you to wade through more enemies; however, the bosses are easier and there are a lot of ways to become overpowered.
3 years ago#48
Nearly limitless healing items, faith weapons, better spell resource. Demon's Souls is extremely easier.
3 years ago#49
MajinSweet4 posted...
What makes the unique named Black Phantoms hard? Like practically all the enemies in Des, they have really limited movesets that make them easy as hell to counter.

Hell, you can make at least two fall to their death.

Maybe even three.

And stuck lock works great with the BP in the prison.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
3 years ago#50
Minamo posted...
Nearly limitless healing items, faith weapons, better spell resource. Demon's Souls is extremely easier.

This and with a bow you could wipe the floor with most bosses quite safely.

Really depended on how you played the game and if you wanted to do the world tendencies.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Demon's Souls easier than Dark Souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived