What are some games that are harder than Dark Souls?

#71ChargrilledPosted 1/5/2013 12:36:55 AM
Some of the mega man games
Ninja gaiden games
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#72XEvent-HorizonXPosted 1/5/2013 12:47:28 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Actually, even on just Expert, Skyrim is stupidly hard, at least at first. Skyrim isn't hard in the way Dark Souls is. Skyrim is hard in a poorly designed, dumb way depending largely on bigger numbers beating up smaller numbers.

A wounded giant spider in the first dungeon for many, was basically the hardest boss in the entire game for me. It's right up there with First Sabre Cat You See, First Bear You See, and Bandits That Regularly Get Execution Animations Early On.

Skyrim's hard areas are only hard through just terrible balancing and game design. Later on it will slant the other way and become stupidly easy.

I could NOT agree more. The only reason I ever find a dungeon hard is when a single bandit chief runs up to me and does an instant execution. Then I try sneaking and the game becomes even easier with that x60 multiplier.

Also I don't like how the best gameplay mods only want realism with no respect to actually having fun. Other mods just make naked women just because.
---
http://i.imgur.com/H5X3P.gif
#73VoidNoodlePosted 1/5/2013 1:52:35 AM
McJeph posted...
altrich posted...
watch until the very end
http://youtu.be/jwC544Z37qo?t=4m54s

Not gonna lie.

That looks like potentially the hardest thing I have ever seen.

Holy crap.
---
Official Omega of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board.
Topic Hijackers of the Dissidia Duodecim Board! Number of members: 2
#74Pinoy441Posted 1/5/2013 2:54:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m66XVfVkrHI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=733wle0LQtI
---
*grabs popcorn*
#75Sobriquet835Posted 1/5/2013 3:15:12 AM(edited)
Catherine is pretty damn hard. Probably the hardest game I've played this gen. Plus you have limited retries (although you can accumulate them as well, exploitably)

Also, if you don't mind adding score chasers, Super Hexagon is brutal.
---
Pfft, sig.
#76EnigmaDurzoPosted 1/5/2013 4:34:02 AM
Sword art Online. You only get 1 life. You die and game over........ permanently.
---
"Whats the point of this again?'
#77CapnChlamydiaPosted 1/5/2013 5:07:26 AM
I'd say Spelunky is probably the hardest, most unforgiving game I've ever played. That, or Super Meat Boy.
#78theSMFPosted 1/5/2013 5:09:50 AM
F-Zero GX
---
PSN: SMF546
Rest in Peace MGO2 2008-2012
#79Da DoodPosted 1/5/2013 5:36:17 AM
I'm happy to read the posts here because I can beat some of those games without a lot of trouble. \o/

Devil May Cry and 3, Bayo, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, God Hand, Mega Man, Contra, I love those games and always try to challenge myself with limitations and stuff. But the first time I played them, it was a disaster.

I still can't do very well at Battletoads, TMNT1 is a nightmare, and even though I've beaten Castlevania (and 3), those games kick my ass and I basically have to learn them again every time.

Anyway, my contribution to the topic: Vanquish on God Hard difficulty. That thing was just insane. Probably the hardest of this gen for me.
---
And this time!
#80Rayquaza4Posted 1/5/2013 5:52:19 AM
Definitely Kid Chameleon.

When my Xbox wasn't in my possession, I went back to the old school, and hit up the Sega Genesis. Popped in Kid Chameleon, and as soon as I got to the "die levels", I was immediately reminded of Dark Souls.

Over one hundred levels, difficult enemies and bosses, disproportionately punishing level design and a time limit of 2 minutes to get from the beginning to the end....

Warps that could either help you skip multiple levels, or place you back at the start of the current one with even less time to make it to the finish. Sometimes, the warps would take you to a level where a giant, drilling auger and saw-blade covered machine called The Murder Wall would endlessly chase you through a maze-like level.

Even the slightest mistake in these levels would leave you trapped, and ground to bits by the Murder Wall.

Even touching the Murder Wall would cause instant death. And the worst part of it all?

Die twelve times, and you start all over. :D
---
"I'm not an oreo, i'm just racially challenged"-Rayquaza4 PKMN Pearl FC: 1247 0637 1850