But...but what about Pygmy? *Spoilers*

#11localizedfreedoPosted 1/5/2013 9:37:46 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Scorex_VII posted...
Number4Rocket posted...
Manus is not the Pygmy.

Manus is a primeval human, and humans are descendants of the Pygmy.

Pics and scientific evidence please.

It's called reading the dialogue in the game.

Right, he is a primeval human. And humans are descendants of the Pygmy. But how does that disqualify him as being the Pygmy? Lmao. It says the Pygmy is humanities ancestor, but nowhere does it say that the Pygmy isn't human.

Additionally, the primeval version of something is te ancestor to the modern counterpart. If anything, manus being a / the primeval human is support to the theory of manus as the Pygmy.
#12Scorex_VIIPosted 1/5/2013 2:13:09 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
Scorex_VII posted...
Number4Rocket posted...
Manus is not the Pygmy.

Manus is a primeval human, and humans are descendants of the Pygmy.

Pics and scientific evidence please.

It's called reading the dialogue in the game.

Im completely sold.

/sarcasm
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#13LodissPosted 1/5/2013 2:46:54 PM
Here we go again.

Guys, Rocket knows. Don't question his authority, at least he reads the dialogue.
---
You were indicted
#14DAI MAJINPosted 1/5/2013 4:32:16 PM
- Manus' soul says he was "clearly once human"
- Manus' pendant's vine "appears to originate from Oolacile"

Now if you take the pendant into account and assume he was the sole owner and nobody screwed with it (like getting a new vine), he probably lived around the time Oolacile was founded / existed long enough to develop a distinctive crafting style. That he was "clearly once human" seems to support the idea that he was a human who lived at that time. His tomb also doesn't make him look like the "easily forgotten" pygmy. It's more likely that he was some leader/wizard/rich.

Chester and Elizabeth call him "primeval (hu)man" but their flowery speech pattern make me doubt their interpretation of primeval. Chester might just be a dick and Elizabeth could refer to the beginnings of Oolacile.

Anyway, the obvious answer regarding unclear DS lore is always HURR FROM MADE IT AMBIGUOUS ON PURPOSE
---
Criticism is futile.
#15yarouPosted 1/5/2013 5:52:10 PM
They were gonna give him a big role....but the devs forgot about him.
/badjoke

On a side note, I'm guessing its, like many other things in the game, something that they were just not able to fit into the game/ was scrapped later on.

Kinda like the Land of Giants in Demons Souls.
(Which some of course speculate was Anor Londo, but that's a different discussion.)
#16KochipahkPosted 1/5/2013 6:23:13 PM
I believe Kaathe is the one who tells you that you (the player character) are a descendant of the pygmy. I always interpreted the pygmy to be some type of primitive human who is enlightened through their acquisition of the Dark Soul, aka humanity. The pygmy don't exist as pygmy anymore because they're all human now.
---
Buster Posey is sooooo dreamy. <3
Men have a basic understanding of complex ideas. Women have a complex understanding of basic ideas.