Holy Crap @ Manus

#11MrSmi7hPosted 1/5/2013 1:14:56 AM
Yes, annoying as hell, but once you get the hang of it not very unfair if you play close attention, just don't blink.
#12Scorex_VIIPosted 1/5/2013 1:49:08 AM
You have to be lucky too, if he decides to use his best attacks instead of the leaping attacks (easy to dodge and very easy to get some swings in his recovery) its going to be hard. And when you see him casting any dark magic spam the pendant. IF you are fast enough you might even be able to avoid his super dark bead, tho that move is cheap as hell. Also, when he does the dark rain move use the pendant but back away too, during the pendant effect, otherwise you will get demolished.
---
Growing on you, right?
[PSK] Poder Lusitano!
#13ElfergosPosted 1/5/2013 1:51:42 AM
Manus was the last boss in the game I managed to solo, he can take a while to figure out. If your going in to it solo there are only a couple of his attacks you can punish you should always keep your distance.
#14ISayNyaPosted 1/5/2013 2:47:33 AM
CharonDynami posted...
for some reason the maggot never works for me

It works, but seems that you should be very close to the wall (just try to run into it and passage opens)
#15LightKagutsuchiPosted 1/5/2013 2:52:09 AM
Yeah I found Manus to be the hardest boss in the game. Even Artorias was easier once I realized his Beast Mode code be interrupted. A shield makes this a lot easier, you can block almost all his attacks (save his rage combo and dark spluge).

You really do need to use that pendant, just take heed it has a cast time and only lasts a short while; the timing to use it for the 3 sorceries is different if you want to block them too (immediate for the spluge and about a sec after for the orbs that surround the area), so that will probably take several deaths to get down. I find you can basically walk backward with your shield up and take very little damage from the sky bolts though.

I stayed at mid range for most of the fight and took potshots at his hand when he slammed it down. You'll also be able to get behind him when he leaps at that distance and get in 2-3 more hits. As was mentioned, his death combo is the best time to heal/buff since he is stuck in it once it starts.

He definitely is one of the more technical/interesting boss fights, so good luck.
#16ElfergosPosted 1/5/2013 8:44:50 AM
LightKagutsuchi posted...

You really do need to use that pendant, just take heed it has a cast time and only lasts a short while; the timing to use it for the 3 sorceries is different if you want to block them too (immediate for the spluge and about a sec after for the orbs that surround the area), so that will probably take several deaths to get down. I find you can basically walk backward with your shield up and take very little damage from the sky bolts though.

The effect does overlap, its best to spam it quickly 3 times in succession and then quickly dodge as he usually follows his magic with a direct attack.
#17superziroPosted 1/5/2013 3:52:41 PM
idk why i found manus the easiest of all the bosses in the dlc, even the sanctuary guardian. Hes got a lot of HP but hes very predictable and both his dark magics can be blocked or completely evaded without the pendant. the AoE around him, obviously dodge and the one that shoots out you can just turn away from him and either roll or shield the impact to reduce the damage, apart from that rolling is definitely the best, don't bother shielding his normal hits, just learn their timing and hes a cake.
#18-Damien-Posted 1/5/2013 4:00:18 PM
well he's the first abyss, so yeah he's on another level.
#19TropicalwoodPosted 1/5/2013 4:08:20 PM
Manus is really easy when you have a Crossbow and the Silver Pendant.
---
Real men watch My Little Pony
Pokemon Black FC: 2107-8038-5393 Black 2 FC 1378-5072-6126
#20KoolAssAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 10:38:12 PM
Finally, got him. I needed the Silver Pendant to do it. It would have been impossible for me without it because I didn't have a shield good enough really block any of his attacks and not have my guard broken.

Like some have said, some of Manus' attacks can be predictable and easy to dodge. Namely the two leaping two hand smashes, the veritical stretch swipe, and the horizontal stretch swipe. But he does have some attacks that are pretty ridiculous. Like sometimes he would randomly just attack relentlessly with each hand in turn and it seemed like the tracking got better with each strike.

But the most hated move for me was that dumb combo. It offers the best opening to attack him, but the problem is he is able to pull it out at times that it becomes almost unavoidable. Like, if you somehow get floored by another attack, he'd charge forward and pull out that combo right as I was getting up. There was pretty much nothing I could do. If I blocked with a shield, the combo would break the block and he'd kill me. If I rolled to the side I'd avoid the first attack and get hit by all the subsequent ones. And I couldn't roll far enough back fast enough to avoid it. I swear he killed me with that move so many times.