The reason why dark souls needs to die

#1CaliberChampPosted 1/8/2013 9:42:54 AM
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.
Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is bad, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to actual skill.
The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.
Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only for boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game, no navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game, horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, clunky combat, any other game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false sense of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore? That what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their head thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic in its game design is deemed a worthy game to critics and rabid dark soul fans.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#2hemphoarderPosted 1/8/2013 9:44:07 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
I liek pie

This topic is now closed...
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#3Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 9:46:19 AM(edited)
The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.

lolwut

Quit reading after that...
Oh backstabs are fine; you are just terrible :)
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 1/8/2013 9:46:43 AM
*Toxins the TC*
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5WATAUGACJPosted 1/8/2013 9:47:50 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.

Stopped reading there. ScrubQQ ftw.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#6HolyGravePosted 1/8/2013 9:48:21 AM
Guys, look at his sig. This guy is either a troll or some stupid 12 year old kid.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cm3lfqw
#7Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 9:50:51 AM(edited)
HolyGrave posted...
Guys, look at his sig. This guy is either a troll or some stupid 12 year old kid.

He comes to the board every two weeks or so. Has been since I joined FAQs.
Probably Oil's or someone's alt now that I think about it...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#8Xion333Posted 1/8/2013 9:55:47 AM(edited)
The gameplay is fine. Even people who didn't play Demons' Souls survived it without too much trouble. Plus exploits are only necessary for those speed runs :). Even if vets know the actual way for those short cuts and stuff along with dodging enemies it still takes skill to do them :). Those speed runs in youtube took dozens of deaths before being perfected.

As for the cinematic....you do meet them...so no idea what you are talking about...the witch exploded her make-up though real bad =)).

Looking at your recommended games...I won't comment much anymore -___-. Only thing I find redeemable in that list is Guildwars and Batman which are nothing special.
---
SSBB FC: 4382- 1783- 4315 Name: Leaf
GC: Xion333
#9CaliberChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 9:55:57 AM
I'm no troll. Look at how much karma I have. And I'm 28. I been playing games longer than most people here. Wrong and wrong you are. Just giving my honest opinion of the state of this game and I have what I have in my Sig so others will be saving their time and money on games that are very over rated and games that take advantage of people like the war z.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#10haarlem1982Posted 1/8/2013 9:57:02 AM
LOL, go play blops you casul
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82 MILFeaterManfred