The reason why dark souls needs to die

#21BadrangTyrantPosted 1/8/2013 9:10:38 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.
Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is bad, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to actual skill.
The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.
Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only for boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game, no navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game, horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, clunky combat, any other game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false sense of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore? That what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their head thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic in its game design is deemed a worthy game to critics and rabid dark soul fans.

casul
---
PSN - Alexdesniper
#22WrattsPosted 1/8/2013 9:14:09 AM
In other news: TC smells like poo.

Hey, look at me, I can post asinine opinions as well! :D
#23Number4RocketPosted 1/8/2013 9:21:10 AM
CaliberChamp posted...

The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.

This not how one trolls well.
Do better.
#24HolyGravePosted 1/8/2013 9:21:55 AM
HAHAHAHAHAH, saying dark souls combat sucks, has a sig praising skyrim. Because skyrim combat is the best part of the game. Lol.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cm3lfqw
#25HeavensEndPosted 1/8/2013 9:33:23 AM
I love these types of topics. They amuse me so.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender
#26cityyankee24Posted 1/8/2013 10:07:23 AM(edited)
A casul? Must be!
#27xxSkyShadowxxPosted 1/8/2013 10:54:32 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
I hate this game because it doesn't hold my hand and baby me throughout the entire experience like pretty much every other game released this generation. It also makes me think and seek out the lore rather than shoving it down my throat. Horrible!

Heh 28 years old? I've been playing games longer than you have been alive then. if you have been playing games as long as you claim, than you'll remember that older action games were a lot like this one (although some of them were much more harsh than this one is when you die because there were no checkpoints).

The whole point of the Souls series is to kind of emulate how those old games were back then, amidst the glut of EZ-Mode games that are simply copying other EZ-Mode games out there today. The game is about the gameplay mostly, which is why the story is presented in a minimalistic fashion, it's also supposed to make you feel isolated and it does a fair job at that with the storytelling style it incorporates. There is quite a bit of story content in the game....some pretty disturbing stuff even...you simply have to dig in and uncover it, as it's not openly presented as such. Kinda like archeology versus just picking up a history book and reading it.

Many people like the old school feel of it, and the fact that the devs are trying to create something unique and different amidst the flavor of the month clones we are being subjetced to with this console generation. It's not everyone's cup of tea though and that's fine.

Now it's not without it's problems, much like every other game released ever. But to say that it "needs to die" simply because you don't like the game is both silly and immature.

By the way, ANet lied quite a bit more about their game than From did about DS....you should remove GW2 from your sig and start shouting out that it needs to die too, otherwise you are simply a hypocrite.
#28replicax77Posted 1/8/2013 11:01:40 AM
And what exactly do you hope to accomplish here TC? You don't like the game, good for you. I don't like sushi. Should I go to a random sushi website and start whining about how overrated it is? Get over yourself son, you're not that important.
---
I'm casual.
#29HolyGravePosted 1/8/2013 11:02:36 AM
xxSkyShadowxx posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
I hate this game because it doesn't hold my hand and baby me throughout the entire experience like pretty much every other game released this generation. It also makes me think and seek out the lore rather than shoving it down my throat. Horrible!

Heh 28 years old? I've been playing games longer than you have been alive then. if you have been playing games as long as you claim, than you'll remember that older action games were a lot like this one (although some of them were much more harsh than this one is when you die because there were no checkpoints).

The whole point of the Souls series is to kind of emulate how those old games were back then, amidst the glut of EZ-Mode games that are simply copying other EZ-Mode games out there today. The game is about the gameplay mostly, which is why the story is presented in a minimalistic fashion, it's also supposed to make you feel isolated and it does a fair job at that with the storytelling style it incorporates. There is quite a bit of story content in the game....some pretty disturbing stuff even...you simply have to dig in and uncover it, as it's not openly presented as such. Kinda like archeology versus just picking up a history book and reading it.

Many people like the old school feel of it, and the fact that the devs are trying to create something unique and different amidst the flavor of the month clones we are being subjetced to with this console generation. It's not everyone's cup of tea though and that's fine.

Now it's not without it's problems, much like every other game released ever. But to say that it "needs to die" simply because you don't like the game is both silly and immature.

By the way, ANet lied quite a bit more about their game than From did about DS....you should remove GW2 from your sig and start shouting out that it needs to die too, otherwise you are simply a hypocrite.

This guy speaks the truth.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cm3lfqw
#30acangialPosted 1/8/2013 11:09:43 AM
TC,

It's really obvious that you didn't like this game and may be angry because you wasted your money. Some of the things you listed are definitely things that the game either sucks at or really needs to improve upon

However, with all it's faults, most of us here adore the game because the good parts are superb and far exceed qualities of the best games ever made. I have been playing games since Pong and Atari, so I may be older than anyone else on this board. Dark Souls to me is the very best game ever made. I am saying that as also a very big Elder Scrolls fan. I am mentioning this because I see Skyrim in your sig.

So, while no one can convince you that Dark Souls is good, there are many thousands, perhaps millions of us, that love the Souls franchise. Just because you dislike it, it doesn't mean it should die. You just need to ignore the next installment, sell your current copy of Dark Souls, and move on with your life.

Thanks and have a relaxing rest of your day.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man