The reason why dark souls needs to die

#51BruceWayneJrPosted 1/8/2013 1:40:09 PM
Good luck "killing" a videogame. Personally, I'd rather spend time playing games that I enjoy.
#52hak145Posted 1/8/2013 1:42:09 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...
I'm saying dark souls needs to die because it has started encouraging other games designers to become minimalistic in their design, as well as other games like The War Z, and the Call of Duties but to a slightly lesser extent.

I wish Dark Souls started encouraging more minimalistic design. Sadly, games are going the call of duty route...
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#53CaliberChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:45:51 PM
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...
I'm saying dark souls needs to die because it has started encouraging other games designers to become minimalistic in their design, as well as other games like The War Z, and the Call of Duties but to a slightly lesser extent.

I wish Dark Souls started encouraging more minimalistic design. Sadly, games are going the call of duty route...

So by your preference... Less work = better designed game? If a game has a lot of content it must suck like Skyrim? Man, I'll never understand that stupidity.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#54Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 1:47:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#55haarlem1982Posted 1/8/2013 1:48:38 PM
FRo3tBLo0d posted...
haarlem1982 posted...
LOL, go play blops you casul

I play BLops and have every achievement in Dark souls, So...

Yeah, so? I've got 22 platinums, does that make me pro? No it doesn't.

And the fact that you feel adressed when I call a blops player casul says more about the way you feel about yourself than I ever could...
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#56Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 1/8/2013 1:49:55 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...

So by your preference... Less work = better designed game? If a game has a lot of content it must suck like Skyrim? Man, I'll never understand that stupidity.

This game does have a lot of content.You probably just quit before you could see it.
---
Kevin sent me.
XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#57Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 1:51:32 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...

also quanity =/= interesting...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#58CaliberChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:54:22 PM
Nucl3arT1g3R posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...

This game does have a lot of content.You probably just quit before you could see it.

Even though I didn't complete the game I seen walkthroughs and speed runs. Dark Souls seems to have more content than it actually does, because you have to be patient with attacks and you die alot through trial and error. However, once you're good enough you can beat the game in like 3 hours just from not dying so much.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#59Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 1:58:50 PM(edited)
CaliberChamp posted...
Nucl3arT1g3R posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...

Even though I didn't complete the game I seen walkthroughs and speed runs. Dark Souls seems to have more content than it actually does, because you have to be patient with attacks and you die alot through trial and error. However, once you're good enough you can beat the game in like 3 hours just from not dying so much.

You can speedrun Morrowind in 7 min 30sec...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#60rep_HCPosted 1/8/2013 1:59:12 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
hemphoarder posted...
Haven't you given your age before?

19 if I remember correctly.

Yup, I am 19 starting my life. This dude should have some damn responsibilities. If when I am 28 and I find this to be a valuable use of my time... yeah, that's pathetic

I'm 40 years old and if you think you will lose the urge to play video games when you get older, you're very wrong. Not only are they one of the most popular forms of entertainment, the technology is constantly progressing, and games are getting better and better. That is not say you shouldn't get a job and handle your responsibilities, but after all that is said and done, screw anyone who wants to tell me what to do with my free time. You think it's better if I'm 100 pounds over weight and I don't play video games, but I know every professional football player and their stats for the last ten years? ( I go to gym and work out over 12 hours a week and have had sex with women most of you kids fantasize about). The response of saying someone should stop playing these "games", some of which have 100 million dollar budgets and took hundreds of thousands of hours to create, is an immature response from obviously a young person. Not to mention you put the rope around your own neck, like if you're 30 and a game comes out that you really, really want to play, you think you're going to care what a 17 year old thinks about it? Please. I understand you want to insult the TC, and he deserves it, but that was a real cheap shot, one that someone may hit the vast majority of you with when you're still enjoying one of the dominant forms of entertainment on the planet when you get older.