The reason why dark souls needs to die

#61WATAUGACJPosted 1/8/2013 1:59:58 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Even though I didn't complete the game I seen walkthroughs and speedruns.

lmao

/thread
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#62Shanoa_AlucardPosted 1/8/2013 2:02:15 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.
Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is bad, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to actual skill.
The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.
Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only for boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game, no navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game, horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, clunky combat, any other game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false sense of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore? That what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their head thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic in its game design is deemed a worthy game to critics and rabid dark soul fans.

I agree, TC! congrats to you for not being one of the many sheep of the internet, blindly praising such a mediocre at best, and down right $^#*y about worst.

Inb4ujusdonunderstandtehgametroll!
---
Psn Id: saintboot7
My ranger pawn, Avacyn is in need of RC/quest/enemy/area knowlege/armor/ferrystones/portcrystals/wakestones/5 star ratings please help!
#63Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 1/8/2013 2:03:21 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Nucl3arT1g3R posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
hak145 posted...
CaliberChamp posted...
Just to clarify...
I'm saying dark souls needs to die because it has started encouraging other games designers to become minimalistic in their design, as well as other games like The War Z, and the Call of Duties but to a slightly lesser extent.

I wish Dark Souls started encouraging more minimalistic design. Sadly, games are going the call of duty route...

So by your preference... Less work = better designed game? If a game has a lot of content it must suck like Skyrim? Man, I'll never understand that stupidity.

This game does have a lot of content.You probably just quit before you could see it.

Even though I didn't complete the game I seen walkthroughs and speed runs. Dark Souls seems to have more content than it actually does, because you have to be patient with attacks and you die alot through trial and error. However, once you're good enough you can beat the game in like 3 hours just from not dying so much.

It's not dying that makes the game take longer.People complete the game in 1 hour because they skip every boss possible.Skyrim wouldn't be very long either if you skipped all the option stuff.
---
Kevin sent me.
XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#64Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 2:03:45 PM
rep_HC posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
hemphoarder posted...
Haven't you given your age before?

19 if I remember correctly.

Yup, I am 19 starting my life. This dude should have some damn responsibilities. If when I am 28 and I find this to be a valuable use of my time... yeah, that's pathetic

I'm 40 years old and if you think you will lose the urge to play video games when you get older, you're very wrong. Not only are they one of the most popular forms of entertainment, the technology is constantly progressing, and games are getting better and better. That is not say you shouldn't get a job and handle your responsibilities, but after all that is said and done, screw anyone who wants to tell me what to do with my free time. You think it's better if I'm 100 pounds over weight and I don't play video games, but I know every professional football player and their stats for the last ten years? ( I go to gym and work out over 12 hours a week and have had sex with women most of you kids fantasize about). The response of saying someone should stop playing these "games", some of which have 100 million dollar budgets and took hundreds of thousands of hours to create, is an immature response from obviously a young person. Not to mention you put the rope around your own neck, like if you're 30 and a game comes out that you really, really want to play, you think you're going to care what a 17 year old thinks about it? Please. I understand you want to insult the TC, and he deserves it, but that was a real cheap shot, one that someone may hit the vast majority of you with when you're still enjoying one of the dominant forms of entertainment on the planet when you get older.

Dude...
I meant if at 28 I find stalking a message board for game a vehemently hate and make troll topics twice a month a valuable use of my time, that, would be pathetic. Really it's pathetic at any age but an adult who should have a life; it's just sad at that point.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#65Niyel7Posted 1/8/2013 2:04:02 PM
ITT: hipsters, elitists, trolls
#66rep_HCPosted 1/8/2013 2:09:10 PM
TC, some games are truly bad and receive terrible reviews all around. When you think a games is bad, but it has great reviews almost all around, like a plus 8.9 rating on gamefaqs, it's just not you're type of game and/or you're just not feeling it. When so many people like it....I LOVE IT personally, and Demon Souls, and you post this thread with opinions as if they're fact, you come off as a troll. I mean, did you really expect good dialog with this topic name and opening post? There have been games I DID NOT LIKE, but others did. I didn't claim they were bad games.
#67GubbeyPosted 1/8/2013 2:11:15 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
clunky combat

lol
---
"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes..." - Niccolo Machiavelli
#68crondizzlePosted 1/8/2013 2:14:17 PM
Agreed, Dark Souls is nothing special at all, but it's not bad either, It's just a good game.

A bunch of dumb sony fanboys jumped on Demon's Souls because it was exclusive, every exclusive game gets overhyped by fanboys.

Games aren't hard anymore, no games are. If you want difficulty go play Ninja Gaiden or Mega man on NES.
#69rep_HCPosted 1/8/2013 2:14:18 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
rep_HC posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
hemphoarder posted...
Haven't you given your age before?

19 if I remember correctly.

Yup, I am 19 starting my life. This dude should have some damn responsibilities. If when I am 28 and I find this to be a valuable use of my time... yeah, that's pathetic

I'm 40 years old and if you think you will lose the urge to play video games when you get older, you're very wrong. Not only are they one of the most popular forms of entertainment, the technology is constantly progressing, and games are getting better and better. That is not say you shouldn't get a job and handle your responsibilities, but after all that is said and done, screw anyone who wants to tell me what to do with my free time. You think it's better if I'm 100 pounds over weight and I don't play video games, but I know every professional football player and their stats for the last ten years? ( I go to gym and work out over 12 hours a week and have had sex with women most of you kids fantasize about). The response of saying someone should stop playing these "games", some of which have 100 million dollar budgets and took hundreds of thousands of hours to create, is an immature response from obviously a young person. Not to mention you put the rope around your own neck, like if you're 30 and a game comes out that you really, really want to play, you think you're going to care what a 17 year old thinks about it? Please. I understand you want to insult the TC, and he deserves it, but that was a real cheap shot, one that someone may hit the vast majority of you with when you're still enjoying one of the dominant forms of entertainment on the planet when you get older.

Dude...
I meant if at 28 I find stalking a message board for game a vehemently hate and make troll topics twice a month a valuable use of my time, that, would be pathetic. Really it's pathetic at any age but an adult who should have a life; it's just sad at that point.

Whoops. My ability to read and comprehend simple posts is declining in my old age.

It was fun to justify my game playing to all the voices in my head that say I'm too old for them, so there is that.
#70Cvdf3Posted 1/8/2013 2:16:04 PM
^
no problem; it's not a hobby I ever want to give up either
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.