The reason why dark souls needs to die

#91ElfergosPosted 1/8/2013 2:25:42 PM
All that aside, I quite like it....
#92EGMRULZPosted 1/8/2013 2:25:44 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.
Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is bad, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to actual skill.
The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.
Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only for boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game, no navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game, horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, clunky combat, any other game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false sense of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore? That what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their head thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic in its game design is deemed a worthy game to critics and rabid dark soul fans.

Who cares a flying **** about whoever labeled it the "hardcore game of this generation"? Like all opinions take it as what you will. If you don't enjoy the game no need to riff on it just being honest. People will see you as a troll. Just trade it in and be done with it. Move on.
#93Golem345Posted 1/8/2013 2:26:32 PM
Guild Wars and Brutal Legends are in my opinion good games.

As for the TC post, he probably played for a couple of hours, got invaded a few times and died a lot, so he went ahead and made a rage post.
---
"Heavy hate will feed it, sharp sized razor bleed it, it cuts you up"
XBoxLive Tag: Steampunk Ruin
#94J1MM3LPosted 1/8/2013 2:36:50 PM
HolyGrave posted...
Guys, look at his sig. This guy is either a troll or some stupid 12 year old kid.

Meh, he's spot-on about 2/5...

But yeah, he's pretty terribad.
---
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
~ Arthur C. Clarke
#95Crimson681Posted 1/8/2013 2:56:08 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to you about dark souls is a lie.
Hardcore game of this generation? How so? When the pvp is horribly broken with bad mechanics like back stabbing abuse.

So basically the game isn't casual enough for you and you can't win in PVP because you're a terrible player?

Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is bad, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to actual skill.

The beginning cinematic is also a lie. You think you would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but you don't.

Sounds like something a casual might say. If trial and error, and patience isn't a justified "difficulty" then what is? I think you are just so mad that you can get easy wins in this game. Why come here and rage?

Just because your ill based assumption didn't come true, you're gonna blame the game for that?

Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only for boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game,

Its not noob friendly. Would you rather the game held your hand the entire way?

The character creation system is one of the best in the genre, the menus are fine, and no reasonable person expected this game to have a story. And I don't care about the music that much.

I've said before I think you should be able to aim spells like you do with a bow, and that would improve the casting mechanics a little, but archery is fine.

no navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game,horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, clunky combat, any other game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false sense of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore?

I guess you didn't make it far enough to get the lord vessel so you could warp between bonfires. You got offline (solo) and online (PVP or coop) and a variety of different mechanics that effect invasions, the system is fine. Pause = easy mode, its not something you casuals would understand.

Some FPS issues in spots, but its not that bad, and lots of PS3 games got FPS issues in certain areas of certain games. Its tolerable. And the combat only seems clunky to some scrub who didn't even play the game for more than a couple hours. There is a slight learning curve with the mechanics, but I guess any learning curve would be "clunky", because you don't get the instant gratification of winning with no effort.

Casual scrubs that come play the game and get destroyed, and then come on here to whine, instead of asking for pointers?

That what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their head thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic in its game design is deemed a worthy game to critics and rabid dark soul fans.

TL:DR

TC is mad because he got BALLED in Dark Souls.
#96Crimson681Posted 1/8/2013 3:02:34 PM
"False sense of difficulty" is often a comment someone who is mad uses to take away blame for their own suckiness at a video game. TC, just face it, you hate this game because you can't win at it.

I'm not surprised you put X-com on that list, because that is also a pretty tough game that isn't gonna hold your hand, but I figured D3 would be right up your alley?
#97sirch98Posted 1/8/2013 3:03:28 PM
Says he's an adult, makes this stupid topic, brags about karma (which he doesn't have much of being a member for 5 years) then whines about being called a troll.

Troll Topics become so successful on this board...
---
I'm going to buy you so many lizards!-Philip J. Fry
PSN:Reaven1911
#98R1masherPosted 1/8/2013 3:04:21 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
Because everything that was told to me about dark souls is a lie.
Then there is the perceived difficulty of the game. It's not that the game is hard, its the gameplay that is hard for me, its trial an error, patience, and exploits. Those things aren't a testament to my actual skill.
The beginning cinematic is also confusing to me, I thought I would be meeting up and maybe fighting some of those characters in game but I didn't.
Also the very minimalistic approach this game has makes it out to be a game that can be considered as an indie game. Horrible character creation system, bad menus, poorly delivered story, music being playable only four boss fights, the magic and archery mechanics suck in this game, know navigation system, not enough options for online and offline modes, no way to pause your game, horrible frame rate issues, very limited pvp options, combat, any otter game that would have these kind of problems would get hated on, so why not dark souls? Does the false cents of difficulty exclude all the problems it has like the critics seem to ignore? ThatS what it seems like to me and a few others who still scratch their asses thinking why this load of trash that is very minimalistic to us in its game design is deemed a worthy game two critics end rabbet dark soul flans.

---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#99WrattsPosted 1/8/2013 3:14:47 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
People have lost the concept of what a really good game is. It's becoming more apparent as the years goes by as more developers try to make their games as minimalistic as possible just like Dark Souls and still get praise for it. Why do you think critics and more people are praising minamalistic games now? IGN and Gamespot giving Journey the title of Game of the Year 2012, and other gaming websites like Kotaku and Gametrailers (Though I really don't count them their opinion is absolute ****) and some other game websites have given X com Enemy Unknown Game of the year, and there are even some that gave Walking Dead the game, Game of the Year 2012. Yet I would call this games out for being minamlistic. Journey is easily beaten in 2 hours. Walking Dead is a point and click adventure thats more like watching a movie than playing an actual game. X-Com Enemy Unknown has gamebreaking bugs and has that minamalistic feel to its gameplay like if I'm playing a game from 10 years ago. This all correlates into lazy design that gets praised. This would never have happened a few years ago.

Have you even played these games or are you getting your information about them from these sources whose opinions you find absolute ****?
#100xAlex95xPosted 1/8/2013 3:19:52 PM
I hope to god this person is a troll. Dark Souls is a ridiculously fun game to play, granted I haven't had this game nearly as long as a lot of the people already posting (only 70hours on my main char and 5 on a start to a PvP build) but it quite frankly is one of the funner games I've played in a while. I have nearly 300hours on Skyrim, on Ps3 so granted my opinion of Skyrim is based on the total s*** version of the game, but DkS absolutely kills it. It may not be as visually pleasing with a large lush landscape with butterflies but it is a much darker game with far better combat and the possibility to still die from actual combat. Skyrim in comparison is easy mode, master difficulty is only somewhat hard at the start but as soon as you get either 100 smithing or enchanting the game is a cake walk. Dark Souls combat requires more then just spamming the R1 and the occasional R2(those OP shouts for Skyrim) it has a very nice combat system that I'm enjoying immensely as one of the nicer combat systems I've played in a while. It quite honestly was very refreshing to be able to die in a game from actual combat whilst actually awake and playing the game, granted gravity is still probably my greatest enemy.
---
Psn: xAlex_95x