My thoughts on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

#51YoozayPosted 1/9/2013 9:23:53 PM
Was wondering what happend to you. Guess Demon's had taken you.
#52Takeda123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:05:51 AM
shoe7ess posted...
Mactation posted...

Humanity is also a joke to come by in this game, hell, each "stage" offers you a free soft 10, combine that with the buyable rings of sacrifice and you're never in any real danger of losing anything outside of your own stupidity stopping you from retrieving your initial loss.

As for "lesser skill", my girlfriend has beaten this game with me occasionally jumping in the co-op for a few bosses (S&O and Four Kings to be specific) without much more than me sitting beside her giving her pointers and some direction. She struggles with games like Spyro and Final Fantasy but managed to beat this with a pseudo-guide. Skill is irrelevant when you can carefully progress with your shield up and countering against 90% of the game.

Demons Souls has "One-Time" Revival that lasts until you quit game or die, in which instance it revives you at 50% health and you can cast it again (assuming you have the spice/regen ring to bring your mana back).

Along with an unlimited supply of buyable recovery items...
---
To this day I still picture that player dressed in full onion gear running down the stairs shouting "HELP ME SEIGMEYER!" - VettiSforza
#53shadowsofdawnPosted 1/10/2013 8:15:14 AM
You need to manipulate the world tendency to get the most out of demon's souls. New hidden paths open up offering unique weapons, new NPCs appear, and some awesomely difficult enemies pop up in pure black world tendency. The gravelord system was a step backwards imo since the player has no control over this themselves.

When they turned the server into pure black mode is some of the most fun you can have.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#54MactationPosted 1/10/2013 8:20:38 AM
Takeda123 posted...
shoe7ess posted...
Demons Souls has "One-Time" Revival that lasts until you quit game or die, in which instance it revives you at 50% health and you can cast it again (assuming you have the spice/regen ring to bring your mana back).

Along with an unlimited supply of buyable recovery items...

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you're talking about here, second chance and sacrifice rings are completely different things.

Second chance grants you a quick burst of hp upon death but does nothing to help you if you're stunlocked as the attacks will just continue until you're dead. Ring of sacrifice has you die, keeps all of your lovely souls and humanity and teleports you safely away.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/30nk97c.jpg