If you could change ONE thing in this game, what would it be?

#11MactationPosted 1/9/2013 3:37:46 PM
Honestly, the same thing I wanted in DS. No more bloodstains, you die, that's it, those souls are gone.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/30nk97c.jpg
#12TheCManatorPosted 1/9/2013 3:39:25 PM
Let me sheathe my weapon. I have more genuine fear around useful npcs than any enemy. It is so easy to nudge R2 on accident.

But at least there is a way to fix it without waiting for NG+, unlike Demon's Souls.
---
This topic has been CManated.
PSN: SilentDragon870 // Mains: Cammy, Cody, Cammy/Law
#13zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:41:23 PM
Mactation posted...
Honestly, the same thing I wanted in DS. No more bloodstains, you die, that's it, those souls are gone.

I don't get why you'd want that. The bloodstain system is awesome.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#14MactationPosted 1/9/2013 3:47:19 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Mactation posted...

I don't get why you'd want that. The bloodstain system is awesome.

Something about it just irks me in general. The whole mantra of this game is that it's hard-mode and only gets worse the more you suck. Then, they go and offer a solution to mitigate/negate (depending on whether we're talking DS or DkS here) your screw up. They then took it even futher and put in the sacrifice rings -and- made them purchasable thus further mitigating the worry of death.

Looking at the changes from DS to DkS, it seems apparent that they're trying to move the game from niche to mainstream without turning it "casual" but honestly, that's exactly what I'm expecting from DkSII, a generic DS/DkS title with everything shifted to easy-mode.

Even the stat system in this game in relation to the weapons was dumbed down from the original. In DS, if you screwed up, that was it, your build was shot, there were very few viable end-game alternatives for a botched build, here, oops, I put all my points in resistance that's ok, I'll just run a lightning weapon! Sure, it might not be optimal, but they still throw out decent damage and can/will take you through the game.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/30nk97c.jpg
#15Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 1/9/2013 3:52:27 PM
I'd just like to be able to pause the game.Not sure why everyone is so against that.Or at least have the game pause if my controller runs out of battery.
---
Kevin sent me.
XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#16zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:52:35 PM
On the other hand, heavy bloodstains can cause people to panic and rush in an attempt to reclaim them. I know I've done it a bunch of times between these two games, and died as a result of my lack of caution. I rather like how it has a positive and negative effect - if you reach your bloodstain, you feel good and it seems like you're making progress. If you don't, you defeated.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#17Cvdf3Posted 1/9/2013 3:58:50 PM(edited)
@ Mactation
dude... no

I would much rather FROM focus on real difficulty than silly things that ONLY punish a lack of knowledge. Because the only people it even punishes are new people. That's not fun for them or vets.

A good example is Estus. It fits the gameplay style way better than grass did, you don't have to farm it but you also can't abuse it. I would rather it only regen health, instead of instantly filling it, but that may be too much...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#18turtle225Posted 1/9/2013 3:55:45 PM
I would improve the gravelord system. Could easily be one of the coolest covenants, but it has a few flaws holding it back.
---
,=,e
#19caelitus1Posted 1/9/2013 3:56:50 PM
more incentive to stay in human form as much as possible
#20Cvdf3Posted 1/9/2013 3:57:26 PM
Nucl3arT1g3R posted...
I'd just like to be able to pause the game.Not sure why everyone is so against that.Or at least have the game pause if my controller runs out of battery.

Because online
Just quit and reload, does the same thing. Except about the battery...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.