If you could change ONE thing in this game, what would it be?

#71d3dsightPosted 1/10/2013 12:56:14 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
By extension, would that mean you should be able to co-op the entire world?

Ah no...that's not what I meant, but it sounded like it after rereading. Designated co-op areas are a good thing. I just want my sign to not disappear. I think it is perfectly feasible, and I really don't see a reason why it couldn't be implemented.
#72zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:58:15 PM
OK, I see what you mean...drop a sign in the Catacombs then go and farm Darkwraiths in the meantime, or somethin' like that.

How long are you usually to be summoned anyway?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#73L0ZPosted 1/10/2013 1:01:33 PM
CamelJames28 posted...
I would change the brightness settings. Like just outside of Quelaag's place if you stand still you can see across the bottom of the swamp but once you start moving you can't see more than 100 feet.

I thought it was my tv. Every time I go from looking at something bright to something dark the entire screen appears black at first and fades in a second to where I can see.
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#74d3dsightPosted 1/10/2013 1:04:46 PM(edited)
zyrax2301 posted...
OK, I see what you mean...drop a sign in the Catacombs then go and farm Darkwraiths in the meantime, or somethin' like that.

How long are you usually to be summoned anyway?

Exactly.

It really varies. I was getting summoned within a minute of dropping my sign for Quelaag a few nights ago. Co-opped her probably 5 times total.

O&S are normally about every 2-5 minutes if I'm around SL 60. I'm at 72 now, and it's taking about 10 minutes for them...but I think I'm just getting too leveled.

Four Kings takes a long time...I only ever put my sign down for them on this playthru. Co-opped them twice, and it took about 10-15 minutes each time. There's F all to do down there while waiting, since you can't respawn enemies even since there's no bonfire you can use.
#75zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:05:36 PM
I just hang out with Rickert

...What am I saying, I don't use the white soapstone!
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#76gfacchiniPosted 1/10/2013 1:24:48 PM
Gubbey posted...
Wratts posted...
Monster placements are randomized for every game cycle/character.

For every character? How about for every time you enter an area or respawn?

Yes, this sounds awesome to me. I don't know if I'd want the big, important non-respawning monsters to move around (....maybe?), but the rest of them would be very cool.
#77Xade76Posted 1/10/2013 8:38:12 PM
shoe7ess posted...
Xade76 posted...
shoe7ess posted...
Xade76 posted...
I just wanna be able to pause when no one's currently in my world - that's what Fables II and III did. Hell, it'd be even better if the other player could agree to pause with you so that the server would be paused until one of you unpauses.

Oh, and not being able to use XBL's Party Chat feature without getting kicked back to the game's main menu and being forced to play in Offline Mode. To make this worse, I heard the PS3 version doesn't have this issue. What the f***?

I would definitely not ever want the ability to pause, especially in this fashion, because there'd be endless trolls who ask for a pause, get you to agree, and then leave. I didn't know that about the XBL, PS3 has group chat/messaging but no voice chat unless it comes with the game (like Borderlands 2)

There are lots of things in this game that can be used to troll, like bsfishing and Gravelording. That being said, I like being able to backstab an enemy player or give other players incentive to wanna try and gang up on me for Gravelording. There will always be things that can be abused - not just in games. It's cool trying to design a game so that there won't be as many exploits, but I feel that lacking a staple gaming feature isn't worth it.

I can't think of any online multiplayer games that use a pause mechanism that pauses it for multiple players.

I've played a couple with online pausing, like Fable III (although the pause screen in that game was a bunch of dumbass rooms). Also, even if you can't think of an example, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work (if that was your implication). It's certainly possible to program.
---
If you can see this sig, that means I'm not being sarcastic or trying to troll.
#78itrainpokemonPosted 1/10/2013 10:49:37 PM
more people hanging out

like instead of a lonely ass smither in the middle of nowehere being depressed, he should have friends
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#79Cvdf3Posted 1/10/2013 10:50:24 PM
itrainpokemon posted...
more people hanging out

like instead of a lonely ass smither in the middle of nowehere being depressed, he should have friends

:l rusrs
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#80Xade76Posted 1/10/2013 11:18:16 PM
itrainpokemon posted...
more people hanging out

The game'd be called Friendly Souls.
---
If you can see this sig, that means I'm not being sarcastic or trying to troll.