Just reached the undead merchant, what should I buy?

#1Banana_morphPosted 1/11/2013 6:22:29 PM
also, what stats should i focus on leveling up? i'm working on strength so that i can one hand heavier weapons i find while still being able to use my shield. Just looking for some other early game tips that will benefit me in the long run.
---
Brawl FC: 3351-3721-2169
#2FishInMyPantsPosted 1/11/2013 6:25:51 PM
Heater Shield: Good lightweight 100% physical block shield.

Reinforced Club: They make OK low level elemental weapons.

Orange Soapstone: For Derp messages.

Short Bow: Good for pulling enemies early on. Low DEX requirements.
---
PREPARE TO DIE.
"... I don't know what disgusts me more, your cowardice or your stupidity."
#3HunterSCPosted 1/11/2013 6:26:02 PM
Heater Shield is the best item that nut sells IMO. Great 2.0 weight shield. The residence key is useful as well. The merchant drops a very good sword if you are in a ruthless mood but inevitably players regret killing NPCs so practice caution sir. Good luck!
---
HunterSC.tv - Subscribe for complete Souls coverage
#4R1masherPosted 1/11/2013 6:26:13 PM
Get milk sweety, we're low
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#5Banana_morph(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:41:42 PM
Why does the heater sheild look like such crap lol i'm loving this game but now i'm getting my ass kicked in the undead burg lol
---
#6poweryogaPosted 1/11/2013 7:28:14 PM
a bow and some arrows if you want the drake sword.
#7Raijin5Posted 1/11/2013 7:43:04 PM
If you kill that merchant you get a nice katana...yulia....
#8Banana_morph(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:20:36 PM
I don't plan on killing the undead merchant. I do plan on getting the drake sword, how many arrows and what type should I buy to take out the drakes tail? Also will the drake sword make it a lot easier to trump haval for his ring? and finally when does the drake sword become obsolete? Read something about finding a better weapon in sens fortress. Sorry for so many questions!
---
#9LordkeybladePosted 1/11/2013 8:39:56 PM
Dont be an fing noob. Get the katana. Hes s*** other then what others said to buy,but dont buy the residence key and soapstone. He drops them on death for free. But seriously,in the next area you meet a blacksmith so... Dont get the drake sword, it corrupts you. If you were ok at pve and dont die insanely often like i did when i first started, use it buy all means,but by what you said you dont seem good yet (no offense). Using it removes you of all combat experience. Luckily somebody warned me, im passing it on to you. But whats dicky is the creaters made it obselete right when it would be suicide to go back. I shudder saying the name of, blighttown... Uchi is still good thete, its a viable end game wep for me. Get the katana, it dosnt op kill every thing but doesnt take you years to kill. Believe or not undead berg will start too seem like a joke. Gl, please dont use the drake sword.
---
---I Wish I Had A 20 Dollars For Every Idiot I met,Just Being Around Most Of You Would Make Me Rich. To Bad Its A Wish.---
#10tekkendudePosted 1/11/2013 9:22:01 PM
Kill him for his sword! Thats all he is Good for.
---
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful ,and so are we.They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,and neither do we. Bush