just spent a couple hours redsigning down in the burg

#31liampancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:39:42 PM
i did manage a win with less than 200 hp after getting hit by an opening 1700+ damage cmw murakumo hornetstab. dude was level 250something vs my level 125. i guess that's a whole other issue.
#32RazhofFlamePosted 1/13/2013 8:39:57 PM
liampancakes posted...
i listed the things i think should not be included.
top of the list of illigitimate tactics is TWoP and healing, not argument there.
second tier i'd place wog, gc/bf, the big 3 buffs, and two hand gold tracer spam.
i don't have as much of a problem with the hornet ring i'm just surprised people that desperate for the one-shot win don't just go gank in the forest.
i have no problem whatsoever with pursuers or dark bead. they're roughly 100 times easier to avoid than wog or gc/bf.

I actually agree with everything on your list barring GC/BF, buffs and gold tracer. Gold tracer spam's a jerk move but it's pretty easy to beat. And I'm honestly surprised you're okay with Dark Bead if you aren't with GC/BF. Both of them do mere fragments of the damage DB can do and have half the range. Same as GT spammers, GC spammers are irritating but just putting distance between you and them makes it easy to handle. My biggest problems are naturally ganking spawn campers and taunters. I feel that if you summon via RSS then you're signing yourself up to fight with at least SOME good sportsmanship. I mean even the item description says it's for darkwraiths that preferred getting their humanity through honorable means.

I just don't think most spammers are cheap. WoG can be, TWoP totally is, DB and Pursuers are, but this is all my opinion. Others won't see it that way and I understand that. But if they heal or start fishing, I'm going to pull all the stops and the honor goes out the window.
---
GT: Jaak Flak
#33Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/13/2013 8:42:11 PM
Also chainstabbing is fine imo, its a perfectly fine oki technique, with viable counters available to the one getting up. Kinda like street fighter, you have technicals (roll away) which can be countered with certain stuff by the one whos standing over you (such as delayed chainstabs), and that certain stuff usually has reversals as their counter (attack/wog/gc/parry as you get up) which can again be countered by the one standing over you. Its all about mindgames, oki play is one of the most interesting parts of pvp, but most idiots just cant fathom this and would prefer if it just didnt exist for some reason :(
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#34Cvdf3Posted 1/13/2013 8:44:22 PM
Relevant

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/64458231
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#35liampancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:46:15 PM
once you work out the dodge timing for dark bead it's no more of a threat than a CSS. you see fog forming on the catalyst, you hear the noise, you dodge. no issue. it's does make it almost impossible to play offense without walking into a hit, but whatever, stay a distance back and let them go through their slots until they're done, no issue. black flame and great combustion on the other hand, you see them begin the animation of the cast, you roll, too late you already got hit.
#36LionHartZeroPosted 1/13/2013 8:46:26 PM
Crimson681 posted...
liampancakes posted...
i can roll dodge it 50% of the time. it's just something i choose not to use and would prefer not to deal with in legitimate duels. but i guess that doesn't exist. thanks for setting me straight.

Almost nobody is going to give you a duel based on your set of scrub rules. People like you are called honor noobs. Instead of learning counter tactics, your ilk sit around and whine about certain things being cheap, as some sort of lame attempt to save some face for losing. Typical honor noob mentality is "I don't suck at the game, people just use cheap and broken tactics", WRONG. You suck at the game, and the first step toward getting better is admitting it.
#37RazhofFlamePosted 1/13/2013 8:52:19 PM
liampancakes posted...
once you work out the dodge timing for dark bead it's no more of a threat than a CSS. you see fog forming on the catalyst, you hear the noise, you dodge. no issue. it's does make it almost impossible to play offense without walking into a hit, but whatever, stay a distance back and let them go through their slots until they're done, no issue. black flame and great combustion on the other hand, you see them begin the animation of the cast, you roll, too late you already got hit.

Same can be said for WoG really. You just have slightly less time to react. But the tell for GC/BF is when you see them switch to their pyro glove and start moving in on you. Most GC spammers make no attempts at all to hide what they're doing. Rule of thumb: if you see a pyro glove in any situation, best course of action is to keep your distance or be ready to roll when they get in range. There are 4 common scenarios that can come out of an enemy changing to a pyro glove.

1. GC/BF - usually this and #2 follow the same tell which is them either slowly or quickly closing the distance between you. Roll when you see the equipped arm move.

2. Fire storm/tempest - same as above but you usually have a bigger opening to avoid it.

3. Fireball varient - this is only really dangerous if your opponent knows how to aim it unlocked.

4. Power Within - punishable. And you'll usually be able to tell they're doing it if they make distance between the two of you
---
GT: Jaak Flak
#38liampancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:53:00 PM
Cvdf3, you continue whetting my appetite to see you actually play. or can you only hype yourself via text?
#39Cvdf3Posted 1/13/2013 9:00:39 PM(edited)
liampancakes posted...
Cvdf3, you continue whetting my appetite to see you actually play. or can you only hype yourself via text?

Nah, I'm pretty average. I just don't cry about stuff that kills me. you want honor duels? Go to the Butterfly Forest, put your sign in the puddle before the Stone Giants. they won't follow your rules (but they won't heal or gank so it's all you need) but almost everyone there is good and won't spam (because they don't want to get rollbs'd). Play there and learn. Maybe see if someone will invite you to the Fight Club chat.
I might make a new PvP character in few weeks when I get back to my PS3 w/ 1.05 data and a mule.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#40Snipa_Wulf12Posted 1/13/2013 9:07:31 PM
liampancakes posted...

Its not just Cvdf3 who thinks WoG is ridiculously easy to dodge.

Chill out with that butt hurt and more people may be inclined to actually help you instead of purposely trying to push your buttons.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
FOOL! You understand nothing.