Help with Gwyn (summon)

#1GixenPosted 1/14/2013 3:23:20 PM
Ive tried killing him for two hours now, and Im sick of it. My dodging skills arent good enough and my stamina is to low for parry/riposte...

SL 13, PSN ID: Gixen99

Anyone?
#2zyrax2301Posted 1/14/2013 3:27:03 PM
You don't need much stamina to parry and riposte...you're only SL13 though, and that's REALLY low for the end of the game. Maybe level up some?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3WafalafaugusPosted 1/14/2013 3:31:40 PM
Multiply your SL by about 10 and I'll have a character that can help.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#4Gixen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:34:29 PM
Problem is I have to parry his first swing all the time to get it right. If I block it and go for the second theres not enough stamina left for the riposte. And Im usually dead in two swings.....
Had him down to only one riposte left, but then I got to nervous and died ;)

Have been running the whole game with SL 13 (almost slayed Kalameet solo) so I really dont want to level up when im so close....
#5WafalafaugusPosted 1/14/2013 3:36:44 PM
Sounds like the solution is to practice parrying away the first swing.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#6LloydEsakaPosted 1/14/2013 3:43:48 PM
One thing I found that helped me was baiting his jumping attack (stay locked on and backpedal while positioning a rock between the two of you until you're far enough back that he'll do the jump attack) and, during his pre-jump animation (he ducks down a little bit if I remember correctly, its been awhile), running towards him then parrying. After that just run away.

If you're far enough away he'll normally try to jump at you right after doing his strafe jump.
#7Gixen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 3:55:26 PM
Yay! Gwyn is no more :)
At least not until NG+

Running at him and parry made it a lot easier. Thanks LloydEsaka!