how do i de aggro this boss? spoilers

#1L0ZPosted 1/14/2013 6:19:51 PM
ceaseless discharge. for some reason he comes running as soon as i enter the fog gate. when i first encountered him he didn't chase me until i was within 20 yards of him. Now I want to fight him in that larger area not at the gate and i get killed by a fire attack from far away before i even get to that enclosed rock area
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#2TheIronGubGubPosted 1/14/2013 6:26:59 PM
Did you take the gold-hemmed black set? Because he permanently becomes hostile when you do that.
---
PSN: KingseekerFrampt
#3R1masherPosted 1/14/2013 6:27:24 PM
I've read on here that you have to go back to the alter where the gold hemmed was to reset him... iirc
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#4Feeff_PSNPosted 1/14/2013 6:32:28 PM
Firstly, strip down naked and remove any weapon(s) or shield(s) you may be holding. Next, pick up the PS3 controller and make sure your character's encumbrance weight is lower than 25% of your total (preferably ditch everything to get 0% encumberance).

At that encumberance you should be able to make it to the shortcut, and when you get around the corner, put any clothes/armor/weapons back on, and fight the good fight.

Another alternative is to get good at dodging his slap attacks. Timing is tricky but doable - from memory I think you roll into his attack, rather than away from it (possibly because the shockwave radiates outwards over time?) Best to go with the first approach though.

Enjoy!
#5TheIronGubGubPosted 1/14/2013 6:35:17 PM
Feeff_PSN posted...
Firstly, strip down naked and remove any weapon(s) or shield(s) you may be holding. Next, pick up the PS3 controller and make sure your character's encumbrance weight is lower than 25% of your total (preferably ditch everything to get 0% encumberance).

At that encumberance you should be able to make it to the shortcut, and when you get around the corner, put any clothes/armor/weapons back on, and fight the good fight.

Another alternative is to get good at dodging his slap attacks. Timing is tricky but doable - from memory I think you roll into his attack, rather than away from it (possibly because the shockwave radiates outwards over time?) Best to go with the first approach though.

Enjoy!

That first part made me Lol pretty hard
---
PSN: KingseekerFrampt
#6L0Z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:29:31 PM
TheIronGubGub posted...
Feeff_PSN posted...

Enjoy!

That first part made me Lol pretty hard

why? his slap attacks were 1 hitting me so its not like armor would do any good. I finally killed him with a single Great Soul arrow to a tentacle stuck in the ground X.X
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]