Rusted Iron Ring Door Glitch (Help please)

#1RuePosted 1/15/2013 9:25:34 AM
So I went back to the Undead Asylum after Anor Londo and cleared the area. I already got the West Asylum Key from the roof in Firelink Shrine and went to open the door guarded by those 2 undead soldiers past the area where you jumped down to fight the Asylum Demon in the beginning of the game, however the door didn't have an open prompt. I couldn't interact with the door at all.

I made 100% sure I had the key still and it was the correct door, but no "Press X" prompt comes up, it just acts like a wall. I saw 1 other person posted a topic on here with the same problem but there was never an answer posted. I tried quitting and reloading, turning the whole game off and retrying, and leaving the Asylum and then returning to try again and still nothing.

If anyone has encountered this glitch and knows how to fix it that would be awesome. If there is no fix, can someone with an extra Rusted Iron Ring perhaps let me have it? My SL is 83 or so.

Thanks.
---
Final Fantasy XIV
Akito Tenkawa - Gysahl Social LS - Zodiac Braves
#2xCloudyxPosted 1/15/2013 10:17:06 AM
Oh boy this could really screw you over. You could have had mine but I am not the right level.

It's definitely the F2 key? Maybe try going to get the crest shield first (Kill the knight in the area) or dropping the key and picking it back up or even killing the stray demon.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/features/gameguides/darksouls/walkthrough/0231.jpg

It was this door you tried right?
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
#3Rue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:24:44 AM
Yep, that's the door. I did everything else already but I'll try dropping it and picking it back up maybe. Thanks for the advice.
---
Final Fantasy XIV
#4ZenonDMAPosted 1/15/2013 11:23:31 AM
yeh says! you shall not be able to drop keys.
---
PSN: westcurry
#5Rue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:18:36 PM
Yea, realized that after I posted, looks like I'm back at square one...
---
Final Fantasy XIV
#6orphanjohnPosted 1/15/2013 1:17:12 PM
Rue posted...
Yea, realized that after I posted, looks like I'm back at square one...

I might have an extra if you still need one.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#7Rue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:02:15 PM
Yea, I'll be able to hop on in like 30 minutes if you are still available. Thanks. PSN is Ark_Beoulve. SL is now 87
---
Final Fantasy XIV
#8orphanjohnPosted 1/15/2013 2:21:34 PM
Rue posted...
Yea, I'll be able to hop on in like 30 minutes if you are still available. Thanks. PSN is Ark_Beoulve. SL is now 87

Add my psn. I'll be on in 5.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2