I can literally NOT be summoned, or summon people.

#1gastrassiPosted 1/17/2013 7:18:28 PM
So, I had an issue originally with my PS3 never being able to connect to the internet. So, I bought a new router and that fixed the issue. I'm able to watch Netflix no problem, and play online in games like AC3, ME3, MK9, etc. However, anytime I try to play with people in Dark Souls, I never can.
This hasn't always been an issue, on other characters I can SOMETIMES be summoned, or if I wait long enough I can find a sign to have someone help me out.
Currently I am SL 53, I'm standing in Anor Londo at the bottom of the steps where you fight the first gargoyle. I'm in human form, I'm connected to the internet. To test and make sure Dark Souls was connected, I unplugged my router, and Dark Souls booted me to the main menu.
So, I'm definitely online, however there are no summon signs anywhere. There are no orange hints, nothing. Essentially I'm craving PVP and I want to join in some Jolly Cooperation, but I can't.
Are there any suggestions to what I can do? Maybe I have some weird setting that isn't letting me play with other people? Or is the PS3 server just acting crazy recently?
#2LordkeybladePosted 1/17/2013 7:21:20 PM
Yes bro. Im sorry but psn is on mantinence right now... Di what i did and test out a faith build on a new char. Is coming back 8pm pt 10 central wich is mine and idgaf for est
---
RIP Reader, Im Darkwraith my fist went up your face. Remember it was glowing! It gave me humanity. Thanks!
#3enjelsamaPosted 1/17/2013 7:22:50 PM
Set internet options default?

It could be something with firewall on router, password setting, if you changed something on Ps3 setting maybe.

Odd area of world?
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
*Insert Cat Gif Here*
#4gastrassi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:24:38 PM
Lordkeyblade posted...
Yes bro. Im sorry but psn is on mantinence right now... Di what i did and test out a faith build on a new char. Is coming back 8pm pt 10 central wich is mine and idgaf for est

This has been an issue for some time, and I'm able to play other games fine. The alst time I remember being able to summon anyone was when the DLC first released, I played through it, summoned some people to help me fight Kalamet, and I helped kill Astoria maybe five or six times. After that I didn't worry about it, but this new guy I'm making I could seriously use the help.
So are you saying it's supposed to be fixed tonight? It's about 2130 here, so.
I actually just made this character two days ago, he's a sorcerer which I never really have made before.
#5gastrassi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:30:05 PM
enjelsama posted...
Set internet options default?

It could be something with firewall on router, password setting, if you changed something on Ps3 setting maybe.

Odd area of world?

I'll reset the internet settings now, however I don't believe they've ever been messed with. Like I said, other games online works fine, as well as Netflix.
And no, I'm in the East Coast USA.
#6LordkeybladePosted 1/17/2013 7:31:19 PM
Ah well thats wierd. It is being fixed though. Check playstation network to see if ti says sign in. If your logged in then restart. It mighta gotten fixed midgame. Sorry, i dont rea,ly know.
---
RIP Reader, Im Darkwraith my fist went up your face. Remember it was glowing! It gave me humanity. Thanks!
#7gastrassi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:52:32 PM
Lordkeyblade posted...
Ah well thats wierd. It is being fixed though. Check playstation network to see if ti says sign in. If your logged in then restart. It mighta gotten fixed midgame. Sorry, i dont rea,ly know.

Again, other games are working fine. This has been a problem for some time now.
#8LodissPosted 1/17/2013 8:24:33 PM
Try rapidly resting at a bonfire, then log out from the menu and log back in.
---
You were indicted
#9gastrassi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 2:36:47 PM
I'm still having this issue, any suggestions?
#10acangialPosted 1/18/2013 2:55:11 PM
gastrassi posted...
I'm still having this issue, any suggestions?

PSN has been down since yesterdday.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man