Lore Speculation- gwyn and humanity

#1De-PandoPosted 1/17/2013 6:39:54 PM
All right, i'm not sure if this has been said already, but i have a hunch that gwyn and the four knights are not gods at all, but rather a seperate species, sort of like Homo Sapiens vs Neadrethal. i mean Gwyn is called a lord with the strength of gods, so his children would be gods, and only them. But the black knights and four knights are all bigger than humans, but not every silver knight could be a god. therfore, they are a seprate subspecies of humans. That may be why Ciarin hates humans- we are the " lesser species" in lordran, tempted and corrupted by the dark and subpar to the superbeings in anor londo. And this helps explains the hatred for humanity, as the same beings hated the giants, as shown by gough's dialogue and armor descriptions. This may be why he seems to like you- he too has been persecuted for something he can't control.
Just a thought, tell me what you think.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#2RyoufuPosted 1/17/2013 7:05:34 PM
Interesting.I remember posting a topic about how there were two different kinds of giants like Gwyn and Gough for example.What specific dialogue shows that Ciarin hates humans and what piece of lore says that the giants are hated by these "gods"?
#3De-Pando(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:13:26 PM
From goughs helm: Helm of Hawkeye Gough,
one of Gwyn's Four Knights.
Received as a decoration of knightly honor.

A helm crafted especially for the honorable Hawkeye Gough,
only the eye holes were packed with tree resin
by those who dismissed Gough as a brutish giant

An if you don't have artorias soul, Ciarin states " are you a human? I forgive you". then, if you attack her, she brings up the fact that you are human. In other words, the four knights have a superirity complex, and view humans as lesser beings and giants as brutes. Although, as shown by Gwyn, not all view that. And with the Tomb of Giants, it must be assumed that the gaints were persecuted harshly. It also makes sense- Gough is cynical with the way his people were persectued, and he understands your plight. He is sympathetic. He may also like artorias becasue artorias didn't care- arty is the only knight that humans talk about- the other three are almost completley ignored, almost like they are enemies. That's just my two cents.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#4arcnetPosted 1/17/2013 7:22:05 PM
I read somewhere the Silver Knights are illusions like Gwynevere. Screenshots of Gwyndolin make him look like he is disgraced in some way. Like his brother. He seems to not be a good guy even though he is the punisher of sin. Velka's stock seems perverted too. There probably are no good guys.

Humanity seems to be hated in general. Its associated with all things negative in Dark Souls as if being human is tantamount to criminality.

There is a bit of (US localized) dialogue in Demon's Souls that hints at Dark Souls, might be totally made up because Dark Souls had already been scheduled for. But basically it said that humans that are born fallible have dark souls susceptible to evil madness etc. In Dark Souls it is almost as if humanity itself is the titular "Dark Soul" so maybe in the creation mythology it is pre non-dark souls or something and you are basically role playing an anti-hero or something, that at the least can go "hollow".
---
About Me: I'm pushing 30. I could be your dad.
Quote: It's a fecal matter. Stay out of it.
#5arcnetPosted 1/19/2013 11:26:11 PM
After speaking with Kathe is kind of confirms the logic that humanity is synonymous with darkness. It's a very common thread throughout From's games for whatever reason.

I'm fairly sure the Dark Lord ending is canon and ushers in an age of humanity. It seems like Frampt and Kathe are on the same team but just showing different faces to the PC just in case one is less attractive than the other.
---
About Me: I'm pushing 30. I could be your dad.
Quote: It's a fecal matter. Stay out of it.