Is this possible to beat completely blind?

#1ReDxVaLoOPosted 1/19/2013 8:28:53 PM
Meaning no guides/walkthroughs, builds or google searches. I just ordered this game, and I usually like to play my games with no help for my first playthrough.
---
You have not experienced pain until you have gone toe-to-toe with a Spiny Lobster
#2bdavis93Posted 1/19/2013 8:30:47 PM
Yes, but expect to take a while, die a lot, and probably miss many things.
#3Auron_MasamunePosted 1/19/2013 8:30:50 PM
Of course it is. Just like with any game
---
My Vita Wallpaper Collection: http://damack.imgur.com/
#4ReDxVaLoO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 8:35:46 PM
Auron_Masamune posted...
Of course it is. Just like with any game

Is it worth the frustration though? Or would I be better off starting with more knowledge of the game.
---
You have not experienced pain until you have gone toe-to-toe with a Spiny Lobster
#5Fo_lc_usPosted 1/19/2013 8:36:07 PM
There is no possible way within the game to prevent completing a playthrough.

Aside from one glitch, but I haven't heard that it's on console.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#6WafalafaugusPosted 1/19/2013 8:47:06 PM
Playing this blind is perhaps the most satisfying way to play this game.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#7Power TurtlePosted 1/19/2013 9:15:59 PM(edited)
bdavis93 posted...
Yes, but expect to take a while, die a lot, and probably miss many things.

This!

Wafalafaugus posted...
Playing this blind is perhaps the most satisfying way to play this game.

And this!

Go for it TC, it can and most likely WILL get frustrating, but the reward and sense of accomplishment is so worth it. Im sure im not the only one that wishes i could be in your shoes.. Experiencing a game this great for the first time. Ive broken the game down to a science in the 8 months ive been playing, beeing able to easily beat NG+ at SL1 is more depressing thsn fulfilling...
#8Dbz4lyfePosted 1/19/2013 9:25:03 PM
You won't miss out on anything that can't later be obtained by backtracking, save for a few events and/or if you waste boss souls. One thing that's very nice to know is shortcuts, and you will of course have no knowledge on where they are or how to access them. Just makes the game a bit longer i suppose, nothing that's impossible though.
#9DAI MAJINPosted 1/20/2013 2:01:16 AM
Of course it is. I've beaten it without a guide, found the drake sword, got all tail weapons, most gear, discovered the asylum, ash tree lake and painted world (that one only through dumb luck). It's actually pretty easy - just listen to the NPCs.

Didn't save Solaire or finished the Siegmeyer quest, though. Also missed Kirk once and never found the darkwood grain ring.
---
Criticism is futile.
#10SxmfctPosted 1/20/2013 2:09:20 AM
Forget the guide. I used one for demons souls when I was about half way through and to this day I still regret it.

Games like this are a rarity these days so enjoy it for what it is
---
"PC's are stupid. There's basically nothing PC can do that an Xbox can't." - GorillaOnRoof