Great Club for PvP?

#1DisastersaurusPosted 1/20/2013 10:26:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glPShSeKUTg

This guy seems to make it work. Would it be smart to play it?
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#2Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:34:13 AM
I was thinking maybe like

1.5 lb hollow warrior waistcloth (7p)
9.7 lb giant gauntlets (21p)
3.5 lb Gargoyle helm (8p) = 14.7 lb, 36 poise...and then the club is another 12, so 26.7

So, fast roll with great club yeah?
---
Gamefaqs User Cycle: Join. Get Trolled. Tell yourself you'll never troll like that. Constantly argue with trolls. Give up and start trolling new users.
#3Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 10:38:48 AM
Or just screw the fast roll and let myself get dead angled for the awesomeness of walking around in giant's armor.
---
#4MrSmi7hPosted 1/20/2013 10:39:23 AM
I though you were looking a different video or trolling after like half an hour of a guy dropping stuff in the ground.

The build you post seems pretty ok, I use this one mainly for cosplaying, and I make it work to, but mainly for fishing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTXI_EZBAso
#5lucky_sharm19Posted 1/20/2013 12:26:45 PM
You might as well use the Large Club. Deals slightly less damage but has a way better moveset. That way you don't have to rely on backstabs to deal damage.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?
#6Disastersaurus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:27:50 PM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
You might as well use the Large Club. Deals slightly less damage but has a way better moveset. That way you don't have to rely on backstabs to deal damage.

But the Greatclub has the giant leap. Isn't that a better move than any of the LC's?
---
#7MrSmi7hPosted 1/20/2013 12:30:27 PM
In fact, in the video I'm actually using only the large club.

The only thing better in the moveset is the one handed R2 (which is very cool) and it makes the weapon really better in duels, against gankers I still rely on BS.
#8Crimson681Posted 1/20/2013 12:45:41 PM
Large club is better, it weighs less, and the damage is really close to the same.

I use Large clubs in PVP on one of my builds, but I don't swing much, I'm gonna BS or parry-riposte you with it.
#9HolyGravePosted 1/20/2013 12:47:44 PM
Crimson681 posted...
Large club is better, it weighs less, and the damage is really close to the same.

I use Large clubs in PVP on one of my builds, but I don't swing much, I'm gonna BS or parry-riposte you with it.

The rolling 2HR1 is pretty good.
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
Alyn shir is hot.
#10MrSmi7hPosted 1/20/2013 12:49:25 PM
HolyGrave posted...
Crimson681 posted...

The rolling 2HR1 is pretty good.

Yes, I know it (again, you see me spamming it on the vid) but it's exactly the same in the great club, just weaker.