Y'know, Four Kings and Gwyn are overhyped.

#21Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:05:09 PM
andy12handy posted...
There isn't really anything to suggest he was completely power hungry and selfish, with the Bed Of Chaos an attempt by the Witch of Izalith to recreate the first flame once more, and after that failed, he went off to the Kiln with his Knights to sacrifice himself to the flames.

I thought I read somewhere that he sacrificed the lives of his black and silver knights to secure the gods' power over the dragons.
---
If you can see this sig, that means I'm not trolling.
I'll remove it when I am, but you'll probably forget about that!
#22andy12handyPosted 1/20/2013 12:08:10 PM
Xade76 posted...
andy12handy posted...
There isn't really anything to suggest he was completely power hungry and selfish, with the Bed Of Chaos an attempt by the Witch of Izalith to recreate the first flame once more, and after that failed, he went off to the Kiln with his Knights to sacrifice himself to the flames.

I thought I read somewhere that he sacrificed the lives of his black and silver knights to secure the gods' power over the dragons.

Really?

Looks like I'm going to have to go back, park it somewhere safe, and then start reading again.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#23TILlegion777Posted 1/20/2013 12:10:17 PM
Xade76 posted...
andy12handy posted...

No, the Silver Knights are still alive I'm relatively sure. And the Black Knights were just the Silver Knights that followed him to the Kiln. You could make an argument that he sacrificed them and they didn't know it, but there's nothing really to indicate it in game.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#24Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:11:27 PM
altrich posted...
TC speaking of lore, did you beat the DLC content yet? a lot of interesting stuffs there.
As for easily killing 4kings & gwyn, well if your level is high enough (especially if you read guides/wiki so you allocated your exp only to stats that give the most benefit to your build) you can tank or block almost all of the bosses attacks easily. Some new players that play the game blindfolded would probably spread their sl points poorly across stats and won't even know upgrading shields to +10 will help them withstand shield knockback/knockdown.

I only looked up certain item locations (Sunlight Maggot and DWGR, for example) and some covenant info - everything else was purely of my own experience. I allocated souls in Vit/End/Fth, since I wanted to be a healthy lightning bolt tosser. I also brought Str and Dex up slightly so I could use a Longbow and a couple weapons I wanted to try. I chose Pyromancer as my starting class because I wanted a clean slate of stats to be able to do whatever with.
---
#25Xade76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:14:11 PM
TILlegion777 posted...
Xade76 posted...
andy12handy posted...

No, the Silver Knights are still alive I'm relatively sure. And the Black Knights were just the Silver Knights that followed him to the Kiln. You could make an argument that he sacrificed them and they didn't know it, but there's nothing really to indicate it in game.

The SKs are still alive? Those f***ing assh***s! All those times they shot me off the damn ledge, they were in complete control of their thoughts? F***!
---
#26TILlegion777Posted 1/20/2013 12:41:22 PM
Xade76 posted...
TILlegion777 posted...
Xade76 posted...
andy12handy posted...

The SKs are still alive? Those f***ing assh***s! All those times they shot me off the damn ledge, they were in complete control of their thoughts? F***!

So are O&S. They're all a test for you, and there to protect Gwynevere as well.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards