Why is invasion contingent on the area boss?

#1arcnetPosted 1/21/2013 2:41:19 AM(edited)
I noticed that the CPU phantoms don't appear when the area boss is no more, and it just occurred to me that the same probably applies to other players. But is there any reason for PvP to be limited in that way?

It seems like there is a lot to gain from never doing the area bosses. I know it would be nice if you could play coop with them (edited: even after they are gone) without having to restart the game. Even if it was just for fun.

Bottom line it seems like doing in the bosses bars you from multiplayer on their field. Seems like a loss if you ask me.
---
About Me: I'm pushing 30. I could be your dad.
Quote: It's a fecal matter. Stay out of it.
#2arcnet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:42:37 AM
I guess becoming a coop phantom is one way to get to play the bosses again. But I have a feeling they will be way way to easy in coop anyway. Aside from you can't heal up so easily.
---
#3DetsuaxhePosted 1/21/2013 3:47:01 AM
Until you clear an area boss, the area is considered 'active' and that's what opens it up for invasions. That's also what allows you to gain humanity by killing the enemies in that area. Killing the boss 'clears' the area, so it's now safe. That allows players to be safe from invasions after successfully clearing an area. It's pretty obviously a balancing move and works pretty well.

You seem incredibly ignorant of an incredibly large number of things. I recommend using the wiki to gain some basic understanding of how the game and community both actually work.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#4arcnet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:21:14 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...
Until you clear an area boss, the area is considered 'active' and that's what opens it up for invasions. That's also what allows you to gain humanity by killing the enemies in that area. Killing the boss 'clears' the area, so it's now safe. That allows players to be safe from invasions after successfully clearing an area. It's pretty obviously a balancing move and works pretty well.

You seem incredibly ignorant of an incredibly large number of things. I recommend using the wiki to gain some basic understanding of how the game and community both actually work.

What I am (clearly) looking for is theories as to why this is the case. Incredibly ignorant or otherwise.

I don't see how it is an "obviously a balancing move" myself. I can't imagine players hiding in an area to be safe, assuming this is explained in the paper thin manual.

Why is there any relation at all between bosses and phantoms. Are the bosses an infestation? Wards of the dark wraith covenant? What am I missing?
---
#5VidmorPosted 1/21/2013 10:40:19 PM
You're missing the part where it's a game, and the boss doors are used as a balancing measure.
#6jumpplanePosted 1/21/2013 11:10:39 PM
It seems like it would be the other way. The area is safe until you've killed the boss, then it opens up for invasion.
#7zyrax2301Posted 1/21/2013 11:37:10 PM
If there's no boss fog there's no way for the host to escape unwanted invasions. Its how the game is designed, deal with it?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8Bolt_ActionPosted 1/21/2013 11:46:22 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
If there's no boss fog there's no way for the host to escape unwanted invasions. Its how the game is designed, deal with it?

Unwanted invasions? Play offline. Or better yet - learn how to kill people.
---
PSN = BodomsChild
http://redsoldiersyndicate.com - looking for a clan? Join RSS!
#9zyrax2301Posted 1/21/2013 11:51:15 PM
Speak for yourself, child.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10YuenkuPosted 1/22/2013 12:27:08 AM
The ignorance in this topic is astounding. TC's just asking others opinion on the mechanic.

Anyways, I always thought that killing area bosses disallowing invasions was a pretty bad idea. It cuts off alot of potential hosts, primarily Darkwraiths who killed the area boss in order to not be invaded by Darkmoon's.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~