Most difficult fight in NG+

#1DrJamesGangPosted 1/21/2013 7:55:19 AM
Just finished NG+ for the first time last night with my SL125 Dex/Pyro build (my first 125 build!). I thought it'd be interesting to talk about the hardest fight in NG+. If I'm going by how many times I died to a boss, it'd have to be Sanctuary Guardians x 2. I know they're not technically a boss, but this fight was the hardest for me. They're both so aggressive and one of them is constantly moving behind you so you can't keep both of them in your field of vision, leaving you open for attack from behind. Makes O+S seem like cake because at least they both stay in front of you if you backpedal. Finally did it after like 15 tries. Anticlimactic, too.
---
PSN: DrJamesGang
#2AhrimanPosted 1/21/2013 7:56:26 AM
I've never even bothered to fight them when they respawn. Do they keep respawning or is the tag team the end?
---
Chikubi ga itai. Hontou ni- Mattaku kayuku itai. Bakuzen to aamondo to niru...
#3Drago77Posted 1/21/2013 8:12:43 AM
Ahriman posted...
I've never even bothered to fight them when they respawn. Do they keep respawning or is the tag team the end?

They keep respawwning, I only fight them if I did not get the tail on the first fight, usually I take one out first with ranged attacks. As far as most difficult fights, assuming that you're doing it solo, I'd say:
Manus
Artorias
O&S
Sancutary Guardian
Gwyn (if you don't parry him)
Four Kings
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#4DrJamesGang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:24:16 AM
For the others listed, I'd say:

Four Kings - 6 or so deaths
Artorias - 2-3 deaths.
Gwyn - I don't parry him - 1 death
Sanctuary Guardian - 1 death
Manus - no deaths
O&S - no deaths

This is just based on how hard I perceived the fight this last run. Pyro can make O&S a joke. 4 Kings can still take time if your damage output isn't high enough and they can gang up on you, BUT I didn't use Power Within which, in my experience, can half the difficulty of that fight.
---
#5AhrimanPosted 1/21/2013 8:31:57 AM
Four Kings is the toughest if you're doing a low / base level run, and probably the toughest in general. A mage makes the fight a cakewalk though.
---
Chikubi ga itai. Hontou ni- Mattaku kayuku itai. Bakuzen to aamondo to niru...
#6altrichPosted 1/21/2013 8:44:18 AM
funny you don't have any problem with manus as he's the one that I died the most but I never have problem with 4 kings (just died once against it on NG++).
I think it was my hardest fight because I am doing a low level character (sl 39) that can only wield elemental weapons (which sucks big time in the DLC contents) and I have shi**y stamina. I finally got him though after I made a +15 heavy crossbow, took awhile to adjust from using melee to ranged weapon for Manus but it was surprisingly easy.
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#7DrJamesGang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:51:43 AM
altrich posted...
funny you don't have any problem with manus as he's the one that I died the most but I never have problem with 4 kings (just died once against it on NG++).
I think it was my hardest fight because I am doing a low level character (sl 39) that can only wield elemental weapons (which sucks big time in the DLC contents) and I have shi**y stamina. I finally got him though after I made a +15 heavy crossbow, took awhile to adjust from using melee to ranged weapon for Manus but it was surprisingly easy.

Yeah, I think the difficulty you have with bosses is mainly based on the build you're running. Oh, and your SL, too. Being in the 90s to 120s through my NG+ seemed perfect - lots of challenges but also lots of fun and not overly frustrating.

Oh, and Kalameet. I died 3x to him (aside from the required death) BUT the second 2 times I died, he has a sliver of health left (maybe 50 HP) and I tried to end him in fashion with a sexy R2 and then again with a bow. Big mistakes.
---
#8altrichPosted 1/21/2013 9:12:29 AM
DrJamesGang posted...

Yeah, I think the difficulty you have with bosses is mainly based on the build you're running. Oh, and your SL, too. Being in the 90s to 120s through my NG+ seemed perfect - lots of challenges but also lots of fun and not overly frustrating.

Oh, and Kalameet. I died 3x to him (aside from the required death) BUT the second 2 times I died, he has a sliver of health left (maybe 50 HP) and I tried to end him in fashion with a sexy R2 and then again with a bow. Big mistakes.

Yeah, I don't plan to lvl up further because I also want this build to be my co-op build. I don't know if I want to go to NG+7 with this character though, I think NG+7 will be too much for me and I am pretty casul -_-

Kalameet was a pain too but at least it doesn't require the fast rolling reflexes like some other bosses, it 's just a too damn long battle for me. Oh and don't forget the titanite demon on lost izalith.. I used 2 power within, multiple arrows, 8 great fireballs and I still need to melee him in order to kill that soab..
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#9DrJamesGang(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:41:02 PM
altrich posted...
DrJamesGang posted...

Yeah, I don't plan to lvl up further because I also want this build to be my co-op build. I don't know if I want to go to NG+7 with this character though, I think NG+7 will be too much for me and I am pretty casul -_-

Kalameet was a pain too but at least it doesn't require the fast rolling reflexes like some other bosses, it 's just a too damn long battle for me. Oh and don't forget the titanite demon on lost izalith.. I used 2 power within, multiple arrows, 8 great fireballs and I still need to melee him in order to kill that soab..

Agreed! That guy gave me quite a hard time my first couple play-throughs. My latest use pyro and, to be honest, there isn't much you can't demolish with a fully upgraded pyro glove, great combustion/fireball, fire whip, 45 dex, and 3-6 attunement slots. It got me through NG+ without a hitch.
---