This game is the best game ever made

#41zyrax2301Posted 1/22/2013 7:37:35 PM
^ I like the way you post, bwoy.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#42moodyjm2Posted 1/22/2013 7:46:26 PM(edited)
There are - Straight swords, Thrusting Swords, Greatswords, Ultra Greatswords, Katanas, Curved Swords, and Curved Greatswords.

All of these are viable in both PvE and PvP with some weapons within each category being superior to others.

You also have top tier weapons like spears and powerful STR weapons like Great Hammers and Great Axes, albeit STR weapons are slighly harder to wield skillfully in PvP.

Any sort of limitiation of use within these categories, and more specifically, the proven weapons within each, is simply due to your lack of skill or knowledge.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
#43De-PandoPosted 1/22/2013 7:47:39 PM
I think Mh is the best, but Dark Souls is very,very close behind. It's probably due to me playing Mh first, but thats it.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#44Twolvesrule88Posted 1/22/2013 8:10:49 PM
Yomigaeru posted...
St0ve1 posted...
Fake_Gustave posted...
Twolvesrule88 posted...
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was better.

What about Michael Jackson: Moonwalker?

Close, but the black eyes peas video game takes the cake.

Friends, please. The "best video game ever made" can only be one of the following:

-Shaq Fu
-Bebe's Kids
-Criticom
-Street Cleaning Simulator

I defy you to challenge my list.

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
Superman 64
ET
Awesome Possum

But I wasn't joking about Sonic the Hedgehog 2. It was a great game.
---
Eon8 survivor 7/1/06
PSN: yavigril
#45URN8P2Posted 1/22/2013 8:42:59 PM
Verocity? I think you mean veracity.

While your arguments hold merit, the audience you wish to convince will most likely misconstrue your arguments as opinionated dismissive diatribes rather than well thought out arguments.

Simply telling people who think a hamburger from Mcdonalds is bad when they already like it is easy, but getting people to change their already formed opinions is more difficult.
---
Psn id: tringle76
#46AelinariusPosted 1/22/2013 9:37:25 PM
In response to the OP:

I wholeheartedly agree with all but the first two items. Combat is disgustingly far from perfect due to its hack n' slash nature. It does work pretty well for an action RPG, but if you take away dodging, you are left with utter crap. Attack animations are overblown and maybe on purpose, due to balance decisions. Speaking of which, what were they thinking when they balanced the weapons? The pattern spread between them all is so irregular, it's almost like they got -real- lazy or were disorganized. You can repeat bow shots faster than you can throw knives, some weapons have unviable animations, some have viable ones, but many have both. The Claws, for example, has only 2 unique attacks, the roll (which is good) and the wide swipe (which is way too damn slow). The rest could be considered OK, at best, but should have been replaced with short swipes or uppercuts.

I'm with theofficefan in that combat was clunkier than it should have been or needed to be.

if you disagree, you're not a gamer -Sounds like trendy bologna a pencil neck, zero frame of reference gaming company CO would say.
#47MashYouGoodPosted 1/22/2013 10:14:28 PM
URN8P2 posted...
getting people to change their already formed opinions is more difficult.

No crap. But peoples' disinclination to accept differing opinions, or even facts, should not deter people raising such issues.

Smart people keeping their mouths shut is why insanity like religion has be left to fester for so long.
#48theofficefan99Posted 1/22/2013 10:28:07 PM
AnorBrando posted...
Lack of cutscenes?

Since when is watching a mini movie "gaming" you lazy Smough.

I take my games as an experience, not just a game, and I like my cutscenes. As I said, I guess it's not a reward for me, because an awesome cutscene that pushes the story forward is a great reward for completing a tough section and/or boss fight, and Dark Souls doesn't give that to me. The atmosphere is great, sure, but that's not enough of a reward for me to just spend dozens of hours dying and re-doing sections constantly.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#49theofficefan99Posted 1/22/2013 10:34:31 PM
Aelinarius posted...
In response to the OP:

I wholeheartedly agree with all but the first two items. Combat is disgustingly far from perfect due to its hack n' slash nature. It does work pretty well for an action RPG, but if you take away dodging, you are left with utter crap. Attack animations are overblown and maybe on purpose, due to balance decisions. Speaking of which, what were they thinking when they balanced the weapons? The pattern spread between them all is so irregular, it's almost like they got -real- lazy or were disorganized. You can repeat bow shots faster than you can throw knives, some weapons have unviable animations, some have viable ones, but many have both. The Claws, for example, has only 2 unique attacks, the roll (which is good) and the wide swipe (which is way too damn slow). The rest could be considered OK, at best, but should have been replaced with short swipes or uppercuts.

I'm with theofficefan in that combat was clunkier than it should have been or needed to be.

if you disagree, you're not a gamer -Sounds like trendy bologna a pencil neck, zero frame of reference gaming company CO would say.

This is a good post. Yeah, pretty much the moment I booted the game up, I noticed that the combat was clunky. I just don't find that fun. The camera is wonky, and, if you're in a narrow corridor and you're a sword-user, fighting enemies can be a giant pain in the rear.

I certainly don't think it's a bad game, but it can easily be greatly improved, and it's also just not the game for me. I just don't find it appealing to die constantly and re-do sections for dozens of hours on end with no reward. I also don't like how you basically need to consult a FAQ constantly if you don't want to invest an obscene amount of hours into completing this game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#50MashYouGoodPosted 1/23/2013 1:02:43 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I certainly don't think it's a bad game, but it can easily be greatly improved

This ^

I'd also add that what it improved from DeS, it worsened in equal measure.