Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls?

#1Patriarch105Posted 1/22/2013 1:17:37 AM(edited)
Which game is better? - Results (101 votes)
Demon's Souls
35.64% (36 votes)
Dark Souls
64.36% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know the online hosting system in Dark Souls wasn't to popular but was the rest of the game considered an improvement?

What was better?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:58:53 AM
What do you like that's changed between the two games?
---
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#3InfernalFivePosted 1/22/2013 11:11:48 AM
I prefer the interconnected areas in dark souls over the hub world in demons souls. Sure it's easier to get lost, but that's what the internet's for amirite?
---
"Needs more butter!"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
#4acangialPosted 1/22/2013 11:13:26 AM
I love both games. For a very long time I felt that Demon's Souls was better. I know many folks still feel that way, and it's ok. After awhile Dark Souls started to consume me like no other game has. To me Dark Souls is not just better than Demon's Souls, it the greatest entertainment vice I have ever experienced.

That is saying a lot because I am old. To give you an idea of how old I am, I played Pong in the arcades when it first came out and dethroned the pinball machine. Then I begged my parents to get it for me once it was available as a console - yeah, I am that old.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#5AtrabiliousPosted 1/22/2013 11:17:48 AM
I'm gonna say Dark Souls is better.

There's not much in it to be honest. It's like comparing a diamond to a slightly smaller diamond, they're still both great regardless.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#6TILlegion777Posted 1/22/2013 11:22:52 AM
Atrabilious posted...
I'm gonna say Dark Souls is better.

There's not much in it to be honest. It's like comparing a diamond to a slightly smaller diamond, they're still both great regardless.

I'd say it's more like comparing two differently cut diamonds, or something. It's very hard for me to say either game is objectively better. I do prefer more thing in Demon's, so overall if I only had one I guess that, but it isn't better.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#7haarlem1982Posted 1/22/2013 11:25:10 AM
acangial posted...
I love both games. For a very long time I felt that Demon's Souls was better. I know many folks still feel that way, and it's ok. After awhile Dark Souls started to consume me like no other game has. To me Dark Souls is not just better than Demon's Souls, it the greatest entertainment vice I have ever experienced.

That is saying a lot because I am old. To give you an idea of how old I am, I played Pong in the arcades when it first came out and dethroned the pinball machine. Then I begged my parents to get it for me once it was available as a console - yeah, I am that old.

Wow, and I tought I was the oldest guy here... ;p
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#8ZennouPosted 1/22/2013 11:48:14 AM
Disregarding online play...

If you play the two games side-by-side then Demon's Souls has a very distinct faster pace to it. Or I guess since it came out first Dark Souls has a very distinctly slower pace to it. It's not a huge difference, but it's noticeable and I do kind of prefer the pace in Demon's Souls.

One other thing I preferred about Demon's was the resting stance of light weapons when you 2-handed them. It didn't fit for everything but since I love the hell out of katanas it was much more fitting than the stance in Dark Souls where your character kind of holds it off to the side like they aren't sure how to properly hold it. Hopefully Dark Souls 2 will touch that up and make more varied stances just for the sake of the nice touch.

That said, every other thing is absolutely improved upon in Dark Souls, minus that Resistance stat. Kind of feels like a pointless level-up dump that could have been incorporated into other stat increases.

Here's hoping From Soft tones down the latency for online in the next game, however that may be.
#9PHoToS999Posted 1/22/2013 11:54:45 AM
haarlem1982 posted...
acangial posted...

Wow, and I thought I was the oldest guy here... ;p

I'm so old, I did kp duty at the last supper.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#10basketofsealsPosted 1/22/2013 12:10:14 PM
I love them both so much, and my complaints for either game are incredibly petty.

I guess I like Dark Souls better because they got rid of that awful looking fog that appeared on phantoms.