Toughest boss in NG+?

#21MrSmi7hPosted 1/23/2013 2:36:42 AM
Needs more DLC.

Voted O&S.
#22-Crazy_Dude-Posted 1/23/2013 4:20:35 AM
You should include the DLC bosses as they're some of the hardest in the game.
#23Drago77Posted 1/23/2013 9:15:43 AM
-Crazy_Dude- posted...
You should include the DLC bosses as they're some of the hardest in the game.

Agreed, Manus, Kalameet, & Artorias are all tougher than Four Kings on NG+.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#24LivesPosted 1/23/2013 9:22:24 AM
VettiSforza posted...
Four Kings on a NG+ low level melee build are a pain.

Normal game HP: (6000-6400 total)
NG + HP: (16060 total)

The scaling is way off compared to the other bosses in the NG cycle.

This. If you aren't prepared, especially with a pure melee build... like a low level one.. it gets to the point now where you have to brush up on your skills a little bit :)

I find that Artorias can be difficult just because many times he can simply one-shot you if you're not careful.
#25acangialPosted 1/23/2013 9:24:12 AM
I didn't vote because I haven't played NG+ on any of my builds, but it looks like the usual suspects are still the hardest, though I have never been beat by O & S because I always had great coop help.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#26PHoToS999Posted 1/23/2013 9:31:39 AM
Manus. Maybe he's easier if you have a different build, but I had to retry him more than any other boss in the game. Then again, my first try against him was on NG+.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#27DarthSchubertPosted 1/23/2013 9:34:57 AM
4 kings I think. I didn't find anyone on NG+ particularly hard, but once I hit NG++ and beyond the 4kings became the toughest fight. Just so hard to DPS them down. This is likely because on my only NG++ character I level capped at 120, so I couldn't get crazy scaling damage on them. Might be different if I kept levelling. I think I made it to NG+5 before losing interest.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#28CryofthePlanetPosted 1/23/2013 9:38:57 AM
Xade76 posted...
I'm not surprised that 4K is in the lead since they're generally regarded as the hardest boss fight in the game

*Blinks* Really? Huh... I beat them first try by just attacking them... Didn't think they were that hard. But hopefully they're noticeably harder in NG+.
---
Check out my band! I'm the bassist :3
http://www.reverbnation.com/atdeathsbehest
#29beggargirlPosted 1/23/2013 9:40:41 AM
Lives posted...
VettiSforza posted...
Four Kings on a NG+ low level melee build are a pain.

Normal game HP: (6000-6400 total)
NG + HP: (16060 total)

The scaling is way off compared to the other bosses in the NG cycle.

This. If you aren't prepared, especially with a pure melee build... like a low level one.. it gets to the point now where you have to brush up on your skills a little bit :)

No only do they get more health, but they spawn faster.
#30liampancakesPosted 1/24/2013 4:37:05 AM
either gwyn or ornstein and smough. four kings aren't a contender if you're poised up (unless we're talking about low level challenge runs), a piece of cake for an int/faith buff, decently easy for a dex or str build using power within. ornstein and smough are no challenge to an int build with multiple casts of homing crystal soulmass. it depends on your build basically. having the option to switch to the most ideal SL120 build for each fight i think gwyn is the only one i'd be at any risk of dying to. if we include the DLC i think manus and kalameet are both harder. manus for his single fast horizonal swipe attack and kalameet for the rising up and breathing fire straight down move.