How often do you use lock on?

#1Cvdf3Posted 1/23/2013 12:36:45 PM
..... - Results (59 votes)
Always. PvE, bosses, and PvP. I don't fight anything with out it.
13.56% (8 votes)
Most of the time. I turn it off for more manuverability every now and then
45.76% (27 votes)
Usually just PvE and PvP. Bosses I tend to stay unlocked
3.39% (2 votes)
Usually just PvE and bosses. PvP I tend to stay unlocked
3.39% (2 votes)
Usaully just PvP. PvE and bosses I tend to say unlocked
0% (0 votes)
Occasionally. I switch on and off equally
16.95% (10 votes)
Only for small or human sized enemies. Bigger enemies I ususally go unlocked
6.78% (4 votes)
Only if I really need it. Usually just for blocking or bows and magic or in tight spaces
6.78% (4 votes)
Other? Explain
3.39% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wondering what different people's playstyles are.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#2zyrax2301Posted 1/23/2013 12:38:23 PM(edited)
Lots and lots. I fight bosses unlocked (in melee) but in fighting general enemies and PvP I use lock-on most of the time.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3haarlem1982Posted 1/23/2013 12:41:32 PM
Other, depends on the build I'm using, with melee focused builds in PVP usually mostly without, PVE almost always without.

With builds that rely mostly on casting I tend to stay mostly locked on.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#4hemphoarderPosted 1/23/2013 1:03:24 PM
Mix it up equally. Those dead angles can be nasty:)

And its nice to keep your opponent guessing.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#5SolidKnightPosted 1/23/2013 1:14:18 PM
Depends on what I'm fighting and what I'm fighting with.
#6shoe7essPosted 1/23/2013 1:16:05 PM
When I stopped using lock on I became a lot better at PvP, I'm like a pro with unlocked backstabs now. Only things I use it for are the occasional trash in PvE, and mainly for quick repositioning.
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#7SubTonic14Posted 1/23/2013 1:25:02 PM(edited)
I typically don't use lock-on, and I only play PvE. I have more fun connecting my swings manually, though I will use lock-on for a particularly agile boss.
#8AlltraPosted 1/23/2013 1:24:52 PM
I use it most of the time. I've tried PvPing without lockon, and it seems like more a liability than a help. I mean, if there's some trick to making it work well, I can't figure it out. It just seems to get me killed more often. It's kind of like Backstab fishing or Parrying, I can't do it during PvP, it just gets me killed faster.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#9Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:36:50 PM
SubTonic14 posted...
I typically don't use lock-on, and I only play PvE. I have more fun connecting my swings manually, though I will use lock-on for a particularly agile boss.

Artorias?
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#10Parsl5kPosted 1/23/2013 2:15:48 PM
Most of the time. I'm too used to doing instant dash attacks both in pve and pvp. You can't do those locked off. The only times I really lock off are for pivotstabs, rollstabs, and while using stuff like zwei and mura.