How often do you use lock on?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How often do you use lock on?
2 years ago#1
..... - Results (59 votes)
Always. PvE, bosses, and PvP. I don't fight anything with out it.
13.56% (8 votes)
Most of the time. I turn it off for more manuverability every now and then
45.76% (27 votes)
Usually just PvE and PvP. Bosses I tend to stay unlocked
3.39% (2 votes)
Usually just PvE and bosses. PvP I tend to stay unlocked
3.39% (2 votes)
Usaully just PvP. PvE and bosses I tend to say unlocked
0% (0 votes)
Occasionally. I switch on and off equally
16.95% (10 votes)
Only for small or human sized enemies. Bigger enemies I ususally go unlocked
6.78% (4 votes)
Only if I really need it. Usually just for blocking or bows and magic or in tight spaces
6.78% (4 votes)
Other? Explain
3.39% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wondering what different people's playstyles are.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
2 years ago#2
Lots and lots. I fight bosses unlocked (in melee) but in fighting general enemies and PvP I use lock-on most of the time.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
2 years ago#3
Other, depends on the build I'm using, with melee focused builds in PVP usually mostly without, PVE almost always without.

With builds that rely mostly on casting I tend to stay mostly locked on.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
2 years ago#4
Mix it up equally. Those dead angles can be nasty:)

And its nice to keep your opponent guessing.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
2 years ago#5
Depends on what I'm fighting and what I'm fighting with.
2 years ago#6
When I stopped using lock on I became a lot better at PvP, I'm like a pro with unlocked backstabs now. Only things I use it for are the occasional trash in PvE, and mainly for quick repositioning.
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
2 years ago#7
I typically don't use lock-on, and I only play PvE. I have more fun connecting my swings manually, though I will use lock-on for a particularly agile boss.
2 years ago#8
I use it most of the time. I've tried PvPing without lockon, and it seems like more a liability than a help. I mean, if there's some trick to making it work well, I can't figure it out. It just seems to get me killed more often. It's kind of like Backstab fishing or Parrying, I can't do it during PvP, it just gets me killed faster.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
2 years ago#9
SubTonic14 posted...
I typically don't use lock-on, and I only play PvE. I have more fun connecting my swings manually, though I will use lock-on for a particularly agile boss.

Artorias?
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
2 years ago#10
Most of the time. I'm too used to doing instant dash attacks both in pve and pvp. You can't do those locked off. The only times I really lock off are for pivotstabs, rollstabs, and while using stuff like zwei and mura.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How often do you use lock on?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived