C/D: Spells like Firestorm and Gravelord Greatsword Dance should be less random

#1PHoToS999Posted 1/23/2013 10:12:56 PM
Yea or Nay? - Results (48 votes)
Yes, I hate how people just flippy flip out of my great big mega splosion spells
31.25% (15 votes)
No, they're alright the way they are.
20.83% (10 votes)
Albino reference because I'm too lazy to think up somethin creative.
10.42% (5 votes)
Magic is for wusses.
27.08% (13 votes)
Just plain old yes.
10.42% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I think that the spells should have been handled differently to be less random.
For firestorm, maybe the spell should be like a great circle of fire with AoE fire damage and set pillar spawn points.
For GLGSD, I think that the blades should track your opponents. Either that, or after they come up, they move towards your opponent like shark fins and punt them out of the circle. That'd be cool.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#2DignatoReRaisedPosted 1/23/2013 11:16:45 PM
While they never seemed too terribly bad for use to me, I think they could probably stand to be a bit more directed.

Maybe have both come out in a radiant spiral pattern.

This would also be fairer for the target of said spells. If they have how the spells come out memorized they'd be more likely to be able to dodge it.

Or they could just do what people already do when faced with those spells and stay the hell away :D
---
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising
#3LegoTechnicPosted 1/23/2013 11:19:42 PM
Their slow, random nature in Dark Souls is a direct result of their active abuse in Demon's Souls. Firestorm back then used to be an incredibly potent tool for invaders, often times effectively one-shotting a host before they were even aware the invader was jumping out at them.

I wonder if I can still find those ambush videos on youtube...
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#4orphanjohnPosted 1/23/2013 11:52:18 PM
The randomness is fine. Just a bit faster cast would be nice.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#5xCloudyxPosted 1/24/2013 12:09:03 AM
sory but i cant help. i dident do engrish in skool and dont no how to spell fyrestawm or grayvlord but i fink it is gravylord cos everyone lykes gravy.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
#6ahrelocoPosted 1/24/2013 4:04:50 AM
Flippy flip out? Lol, you can slow-walk out of the spell while holding seventy Demon Greataxes.
#7aneed4peedPosted 1/24/2013 4:08:41 AM
Nah they're fine the way they are. Balance and whatnot.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#8PHoToS999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:20:59 PM
ahreloco posted...
Flippy flip out? Lol, you can slow-walk out of the spell while holding seventy Demon Greataxes.

I mean when someone is in the radius of the blast area and just flips through the pillars. It's infuriating.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#9bdavis93Posted 1/24/2013 12:28:41 PM
PHoToS999 posted...
ahreloco posted...

I mean when someone is in the radius of the blast area and just flips through the pillars. It's infuriating.

That is an issue with invincibility frames, not the spell. Most of the people that say the game is easy can be seen using the crap out of invincibility frames.
#10Fo_lc_usPosted 1/24/2013 12:39:00 PM
Make them like WoG. All the pillars surround you and spin or something. Lasts longer than WoG but casts slower.

There, instant OP spell for people who can't seem to keep distance.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.