Is There Any Attack As Broken As Nito's?

#1m415mikePosted 1/25/2013 1:37:19 AM
The grab attack he does is just so insanely overpowered. I've beaten this game at least 30 times. I can stroll through every level without getting hit and then decimate the boss. Nito can STILL decide to kill me immediately with that stupid attack. It can't be dodged, only outrun. If he gets you, you're dead. I've gone against him with max health, and it will still drain you to zero. Since you can't dodge it, you have to keep moving back. If he decides to spam it, you either die or end up facing every skeleton in his chamber. It's ridiculous.
#2SGDonZPosted 1/25/2013 1:44:42 AM
You actually CAN dodge it. & it's really easy lol.
#3lucky_sharm19Posted 1/25/2013 1:48:55 AM
Hmm? What? He has a grab attack? He's never used it on me, that's for sure. Are you simply not killing him fast enough?
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?
#4sp00nshanxPosted 1/25/2013 1:52:48 AM
It can be dodged, but you can still be grabbed after he misses if you're too close to his arm. So just dodge and then move away.
#5liampancakesPosted 1/25/2013 2:19:11 AM
i've been grabbed by him and it did less than 1000 damage, pretty sure this was on ng+. then again i've been oneshotted by his explosion for 1500+ damage one time and been hit by it other times since at what seemed like point blank range and only taken half that damage. *shrug*
#6m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:35:01 AM
SGDonZ posted...

How do you dodge it? It has better tracking than the Four Kings' grab attack. I've managed to dodge that, but never Nito's.

It's not a problem with killing him fast enough. He just either decides to use it or not. He'll either spam it right out of the gate, or never use it for the entire fight. I'm glad he doesn't use it often.

The AoE move doesn't seem that strong, but I've never survived the grab attack. Any NG cycle, with any amount of health. I've simply never survived it.
#7HolyGravePosted 1/25/2013 2:43:32 AM
M415mike

Board User Level 31: Veteran
Awarded to users with at least 150 Karma.

Getgudscrub
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
Alyn shir is hot.
#8SGDonZPosted 1/25/2013 2:49:30 AM
m415mike posted...
SGDonZ posted...

How do you dodge it? It has better tracking than the Four Kings' grab attack. I've managed to dodge that, but never Nito's.

It's not a problem with killing him fast enough. He just either decides to use it or not. He'll either spam it right out of the gate, or never use it for the entire fight. I'm glad he doesn't use it often.

The AoE move doesn't seem that strong, but I've never survived the grab attack. Any NG cycle, with any amount of health. I've simply never survived it.

Hmm.. What i always do is stay close to him all the time. When you see him charge his grab move, just dodge to the left at the right time or simply walk around him, the grab is very slow, so theres plenty of time. That's what i always do. I never had any trouble with it. What often get's me though is his Sword Dance. But i remember getting grabbed once by it in co-op with a friend. My partner was spamming Estus like crazy to keep me alive. It's incredibly powerful.
#9m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 3:13:09 AM
HolyGrave posted...
M415mike

Board User Level 31: Veteran
Awarded to users with at least 150 Karma.

Getgudscrub

Nice try, but I've been around via Gamespot since 2006.
#10yarouPosted 1/25/2013 3:14:42 AM
I wasn't aware he used a grab attack.
Do you happen to have a light source when you fight him?

I've heard his behavior changes if you attack him in the dark or with some sort of light with you. (Skull Lantern, Cast Light, Sunlight Maggot.) so perhaps that may be it?
(Just taking a guess here, it more than likely unrelated)