Looking for a new game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Looking for a new game

User Info: knightjr96

knightjr96
3 years ago#1
So I'm getting kind of burnt out on dark souls as I've been playing it nonstop lately. I'm looking to buy a new game, something similar to dark souls (not the same because I know there is nothing like it). I like medieval games, but I'm not opposed to more modern things. I also love World of Warcraft, which if a game mixed Dark Souls intensity with a world like WoW I'd buy it in a heart beat lol. Somebody mentioned Dark Siders 2, but I'm not really sold on it. Can someone name some games that would fit my description?
PSN: knightjr96

User Info: TheIronGubGub

TheIronGubGub
3 years ago#2
Dragon's Dogma
PSN: KingseekerFrampt

knightjr96
3 years ago#3
That's a game I was interested in as well... is it a game with dragons only, or are there monsters too? I suppose I could look that up if I really had to

User Info: Dudka26

Dudka26
3 years ago#4
I would rep Dragons Dogma as well. I went there after my first 60 hours of Dark Souls for a little break and it was cool. Dark Siders II is more action/adventure with a little bit of RPG added.

Just don't expect the same production value from Dragons Dogma... cut scenes, etc.

User Info: Asellusa

Asellusa
3 years ago#5
knightjr96 posted...
That's a game I was interested in as well... is it a game with dragons only, or are there monsters too? I suppose I could look that up if I really had to

There's a LOT of other mythical creatures.

Like Chimeras and Wights.

I really liked the pawn system.

Definitely give it a try, man.
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.

User Info: jaceguay

jaceguay
3 years ago#6
TheIronGubGub posted...
Dragon's Dogma

Just loved Dragonīs dogma, spend about 200 hours on it. It will be re-released on April I think, with a expansion that wonīt be released as DLC so better wait to buy it or get it used at a low price.
The main problem I find in Dragonīs Dogma was the New Game +, very disappointing as the difficulty do doesn't change at all, at level 90 I was practically godlike, even with rusted weapons and naked, the recent patch that adds Hard Mode also a let down.
Still a great game.

knightjr96
3 years ago#7
Looks like Dragon's Dogma it is! Thanks friends!

User Info: HeavensEnd

HeavensEnd
3 years ago#8
^you won't be disappointed.
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender

User Info: HadokenUnited

HadokenUnited
3 years ago#9
Monster Hunter = teaming up with other players and taking massive, incredibly challenging bosses.

Check it out.
Lady GaGa<3

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
3 years ago#10
i see you have not mentioned that you already own demons souls. do you?
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Looking for a new game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived