Sif advice

#1EssianPosted 1/25/2013 12:31:54 PM
So I am on my first playthrough, and I know that everyone basically says that Sif if a pushover, but he is giving me some trouble. The problem is that every time he gets down to about 25% health, he just doesn't stop moving, and I can't get underneath him to deal any damage. When I try, he either immediately jumps away, or even worse he starts to spam that butt****ing helicopter attack. Since I only have 112 stamina, he just blows through my block and it wipes out about 40% of my health. I think I am going to go and do Blight Town first, and then come back to Sif when I have some more stamina, but since I don't want to go over level 50 before I get to Anor Londo (I know, I am hilariously overleveled for a first playthrough, but I didn't put it all into health or stam, so I don't have an OP character to match), does anyone have tips on how to beat this guy? Seems straightforward, but once he gets down to that 25-30% mark, he just never stops moving long enough for me to hit him.

On an unrelated note, are the toxin shooting guys in Blight Town going to respawn? Thinking about suicide rushing them just to wipe them out if they are gone once I deal with them. Blight Town would seem a lot more fun if I could play it at more than 10fps... ><
#2Dudka26Posted 1/25/2013 12:35:25 PM
You're not alone. He gave me tons of trouble too only my first play through. Try to get under his belly... hack hack and drink. Just watch for him to jump away. I think I tossed some fire at him until I was out... then two handed a sword to his gut.
#3hemphoarderPosted 1/25/2013 12:39:42 PM
the key to beating off Sif is to stay underneath him. this gives you easy access to his "weak spot" and you can avoid his large protruding sword attacks.

after a good bit of strikes he will become weak in the knees and move considerably slower. this will make staying below him much easier to finish him off.

you can avoid blightown altogether by going down to New Londo and opening the gate in the tower opposite the one you enter the zone with. Cross the chasm and you will start where you technically are supposed to finish at and its much easier to get to the boss. you will need the master key though.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#4AsellusaPosted 1/25/2013 12:44:00 PM
The toxic guys stay dead once you kill them.

But yeah, just roll under his belly and slash away.

Block his attacks with a shield with good stability or dodge them.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#5ScarletStriderPosted 1/25/2013 12:46:44 PM
Yep, as these guys have said, try to stay under him. If you can't manage to do this all the time (such as when he does the spinny double roflcopter attack) you can practice dodging it, dodging through it so you end up closer to him if you're feeling brave, or just being aware of when he he's about to do it.
So if you want a safer option, just stay close, hit him a couple of times with 2 handed attacks, once he jumps away, you can try baiting his helicopter attack by running in his range then quickly moving out, after he's done, you can rush him and stay under his belly.

I found this worked well on my first playthrough when I was learning his attacks.
#6haarlem1982Posted 1/25/2013 12:47:20 PM
Don't block his attacks, roll staright through them so you end up undeneath him.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#7Essian(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 12:51:40 PM
Based on what you guys have said I think I should take off some of my armor so I can roll under him easier. I think I will go through Blight Town. It won't be easy, but I don't want to skip any areas!
#8AsellusaPosted 1/25/2013 1:07:25 PM
Essian posted...
Based on what you guys have said I think I should take off some of my armor so I can roll under him easier. I think I will go through Blight Town. It won't be easy, but I don't want to skip any areas!

You can always go back up through the bottom way!

(which is what most people do)

I hate upper Blighttown with a raging passion.

Dat framerate lag.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#9ScarletStriderPosted 1/25/2013 1:41:43 PM
I'd advise going the normal way from the Depths if you don't want to miss anything... going through Blighttown from the bottom up is much more of a challenge...
#10YuenkuPosted 1/25/2013 1:51:35 PM
Sif is difficult for a first playthrough, especially if you haven't played Demon Souls. Don't be discouraged! Its just a matter of learning how/when to roll.

Also, don't skip any areas on your first playthrough. You only have one chance to experience the game freshly.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~