I really can't go wrong here, but a few opinions would be appreciated...

#1ThrowmastaPosted 1/28/2013 1:37:28 AM
I'm 10 stat points away from completing an improved remake of an old 125 build (of which I had before my PS3 crapped out over a year ago). It's a quality build, running a +15 zweihander and a +15 bastard sword; also 30 faith and 12 attunement for DMB and SLB (canvas talisman of course). I'm aware of the ideal 27/40 str/dex split for dmg. But I think having 40 endurance is very crucial for larger weapons in both pvp, and often pve as well. And maybe a little extra vit for an overall more balanced build.

So with that said, I have all my stats complete except for vit and dex. My vit is currently at 40, and I have a RoFP permanently equipped; which nets me a total of 1590 vitality. My dex is currently at 28, combined with 27 str, for a total of 582 dmg on 2 handed zwei. So, I have 10 points to work with to finish up the build. I think I wanna do 44 vit (4 more stat points), and 34 dex (the remaining 6 points). Any objections...? Anyone think it would be better to split it another way, or invest all remaining 10 points into one or the other?

I'm thinking its merely a matter of preference at this point, but just wanted to see what some of you think.
#2Kyuubi4269Posted 1/28/2013 1:50:49 AM
Scrap it, your dexterity is too low. Do you not use Giant's either?
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#3Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:01:51 AM
Not using giants and I'm certainly not scrapping it.
#4Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:31:57 PM
Wow, either no replies at all or I get garbage like the one posted above. I guess it's a bad idea to ask something that is directly game related in here.

The reason why I was asking was bc the 1st time I made this build, it was made wrong. Even still though, the wasted stat points had little effect in pvp. I had str/dex at a 34/20 split, not ideal but I still did about 571 dmg. I think I've read with the recent patches, critical dmg from BS and riposte has been toned down, and 50 vit is not so much necessary anymore. My vit is at 40 now, I'm wondering if I should just leave it there (and put the rest into dex) or pump it a few more times before I get to SL 125.
#5aneed4peedPosted 1/28/2013 2:36:04 PM
44 Vit and 34 Dex is fine. Vit is always important.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#6Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:34:13 PM
Thanks for the reply (much appreciated), I was just looking for some intelligent opinions and/or reassurance on what to do with the remaining 10 points. I already pumped 3 more of them into dex, while remaining at 40 vit still. Think I'm gonna go with the original plan.

Endurance is also always important I think; especially with the larger weapons. With 40 end and RoFP, I can get R1,R1,R1,R2 with 2 handed zwei. Not really applicable for pvp, but nice vs bosses. As for pvp, it's very useful to have so that you can roll attack more freely and save a roll for dodging as well. It also allows that one extra swing that can be the difference between life and death when you stun lock someone (and they don't break it).
#7SupersnakeePosted 1/28/2013 5:20:40 PM
Throwmasta posted...
I was just looking for some intelligent opinions and/or reassurance on what to do with the remaining 10 points.

Welcome to the Internets lol.

:P
#8Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:11:54 PM
Ha very true, I like gamefaqs for the speedy answers you get. Unfortunately, it seems that the good eggs are highly outnumbered by the lowest common denominator (just look at some of the active posts on here).
#9dozingdevilPosted 1/28/2013 7:25:34 PM
Throwmasta posted...
I'm 10 stat points away from completing an improved remake of an old 125 build (of which I had before my PS3 crapped out over a year ago). It's a quality build, running a +15 zweihander and a +15 bastard sword; also 30 faith and 12 attunement for DMB and SLB (canvas talisman of course). I'm aware of the ideal 27/40 str/dex split for dmg. But I think having 40 endurance is very crucial for larger weapons in both pvp, and often pve as well. And maybe a little extra vit for an overall more balanced build.

So with that said, I have all my stats complete except for vit and dex. My vit is currently at 40, and I have a RoFP permanently equipped; which nets me a total of 1590 vitality. My dex is currently at 28, combined with 27 str, for a total of 582 dmg on 2 handed zwei. So, I have 10 points to work with to finish up the build. I think I wanna do 44 vit (4 more stat points), and 34 dex (the remaining 6 points). Any objections...? Anyone think it would be better to split it another way, or invest all remaining 10 points into one or the other?

I'm thinking its merely a matter of preference at this point, but just wanted to see what some of you think.

What was your starting class? I would also personally scrap it because it's no longer optimised but given that you said you're not willing to I'll try and give my opinion. I feel like your starting class may be wrong because the stats you've given +10 don't add to 125.

Here's what I'd do anyway with what you have.
http://mmdks.com/xjt
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot
#10Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:53:20 PM
Hmm, my starting class was warrior. Is there a starting class that actually supports the full quality 27/40 split, while still allowing 50 vit, 40 end, and the 30 points needed for faith buffs, plus 4 attunement slots needed for the 2 aforementioned buffs...? I'll have a look at that link you gave me too, thanks.