I really can't go wrong here, but a few opinions would be appreciated...

#21Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:57:46 PM
Ignorance, huh? Ha. Not a soul wants to interact with you because you are conceded and socially incapacitated. You are going to need to change if you are going to want friends in life, cause the state you are in now, well.... lets just say this dead topic speaks for itself.
---

I just let this poor child go in regards to me being "conceded," bc I figured it was just a typo. And then he used it again! Haha, funny how he posts something useless, without any good input to back it up. Then he goes out of his way to check back here (days later!) to see how I responded, so that he can write a backlash essay; instead of anything productive (he must have wet his pants at the opportunity that he created for himself). This is how you spend your tragic time? And I'm the one with no friends huh? :)

Topic was dead, I got everything I needed out of it. And the mature people who responded, actually talked me into changing my mind in terms of my stat allocation. I put all of the remaining points into dex for pure damage; instead of my original plan (44 vit/34 dex). Thanks to those who gave me their opinions/input and advice. Thanks to the 2 last posters for sticking up for me. And finally, thanks to the poor troll for his last post. Because I didn't have to try to convince anyone that you are pathetic...you did all the work for me! =)
#22liampancakesPosted 2/1/2013 10:32:04 PM
carrying zweihander and bastard sword seems like a useless combo, if you can use the zweihander effectively you're never going to have cause to switch off to the bastard to make use of the dex.
#23Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/2/2013 3:21:36 AM
I've been doing the Zweihander +15 build and it's been very successful but you are definitely wasting that second slot with a Bastard Sword. Here are the weapons I found to be great for a second slot

Gold Tracer - Finish them off after the Zweihander chips away at their health, they have 300 left, this badboy will combo them to death if the bleeding doesn't.

Great Scythe - this weapon is a Zweihander users best friend because the moveset is very similiar (overhead is R1 and R2 is a sweeping so opposite of Zwei) but the bleeding build up kills over and over again.

Dragon King Great Axe - in 2 vs 1 situations at the last second break out this monster and use the special attack and watch everyone in a huge radius die. 50 Strength requirement also means you can start using the Havel's Shield which means no more dodging magic, just eat up soul spears, pursuers, whatever because that shield is a monster.
#24Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:39:19 AM
You guys are probably right, but there are claymore users and zweihander users. No advantage to having both? I have a maxed out demon spear and chaos great sword as well. I've never used a weapon that has an AoE special attack before, bc of my own stubbornness. I usually just wanna gut someone with a zweihander (aesthetically my favorite weapon). Bastard sword is my 2nd favorite, but I should probably find a better balance instead of using exactly what I want to use.

Also, since I'm darkmoon, I'm thinking of maxing out at SL 132. That way I could max out at 40 dex and 45 vit. That won't make me overpowered in any way, yet still be able to interact with all 120s and 125s. To my knowledge, quality builds that want a buff option such as dmb or cmw, will have to make some slight sacrifices (in vit or end) if you max at 125. Correct me if I'm wrong.
#25Drago77Posted 2/2/2013 7:48:07 AM
Couple of pointers:
1. Make your starting class either Bandit or Cleric, it will allow you 1 extra point to spend over any other starting class.
2. You can go with something like 40 vitality, 12 attunement, 40 endurance, 27 strength, 39 dexterity, 30 faith or 44 / 12 / 35 / 27 / 40 / 30.
3. Feel free to go higher if you just want to invade as the Darkmoon, however, if you want to do duels with RSS you might not want to go over SL 125.

Either way, have fun, let us know if you have any questions.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#26Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:18:10 PM
Couple of pointers:
1. Make your starting class either Bandit or Cleric, it will allow you 1 extra point to spend over any other starting class.
2. You can go with something like 40 vitality, 12 attunement, 40 endurance, 27 strength, 39 dexterity, 30 faith or 44 / 12 / 35 / 27 / 40 / 30.
3. Feel free to go higher if you just want to invade as the Darkmoon, however, if you want to do duels with RSS you might not want to go over SL 125.

I was waiting for someone to post this info on starting classes, so thanks. Someone had mentioned earlier in this thread that I may have chosen the wrong starting class. I was too lazy to research every class's beginning stats and calculate this myself. It's obviously too late now. Fortunately it's only one stat point and I like being a Warrior, if only for the class title alone (if that makes sense to anyone).

As for not being able to dual 125s and lower with the RSS (if I cap at 132), I'm fine with that. As long as I can invade as a blue and be invaded by SL 125/120 range, I'll be perfectly happy.

With that being said, I have one final question. I'm currently at SL 127 bc I pumped 2 more points into dex; so I could max out the 27str/40dex split. Would you guys stay at 127 (40 vit) or cap at SL 132 to get vit up to 45...?
#27Drago77Posted 2/2/2013 5:09:13 PM
Going up to 132 is fine, you'll still be able to invade / be invaded by SLs 120 - 125.
---
www.youtube.com/ivandrago2k
PSN:Halle_Berry
#28Throwmasta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:03:50 AM
Perfect, guess I'm capping at 132. Thanks Drago, and thanks to everyone else as well, cheers.