Is the Gravelord Sword the shortest range curved greatsword?

#1ISayNyaPosted 1/29/2013 10:45:31 AM
It surely has like half of Murakumo's range. Almost never used Server, but it seems to have longer range too. Is there any use for Gravelord Sword, except for looks and easiness of upgrading?
#2shadowsofdawnPosted 1/29/2013 10:57:38 AM
Gravelord sword is completely different than the others.

1. It has s*** scaling, so all you need is minimum stats to wield it.

2. Toxic buildup per hit. This was alot better when it could stunlock with 2H R1s. Backstab followed by an unlocked dung pie is almost a guaranteed toxic inflict.

3. The R2 attack does more poise damage than the R1. The 2H R2 does 76 poise-tier damage and has pretty good tracking. Great way to surprise people who try to walk through your attacks with 53 poise.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#3tlnPosted 1/29/2013 11:21:41 AM
The 2HR2 attack is pretty good. You have 430 pure AR with only 16 STR/13 DEX so it's a beast against the DLC bosses.
#4ISayNya(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:29:55 AM
tln posted...
The 2HR2 attack is pretty good. You have 430 pure AR with only 16 STR/13 DEX so it's a beast against the DLC bosses.

But it's slow. And all the DLC bosses move like a crazed burning sprinter on crack.
#5orphanjohnPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:19 PM(edited)
shadowsofdawn posted...
Gravelord sword is completely different than the others.

1. It has s*** scaling, so all you need is minimum stats to wield it.

I agree its bad, but in a 27/45 quality build it gets bumped from 444 2h to 485 and 430 to 470 for 1h. Better than nothing I suppose.

2. Toxic buildup per hit. This was alot better when it could stunlock with 2H R1s. Backstab followed by an unlocked dung pie is almost a guaranteed toxic inflict.

The 2H R1 still does, as for the 1H R1.

3. The R2 attack does more poise damage than the R1. The 2H R2 does 76 poise-tier damage and has pretty good tracking. Great way to surprise people who try to walk through your attacks with 53 poise.

Not to mention it's a thrust attack. :)

---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#6Dex_PyromaniacPosted 1/31/2013 12:36:06 PM
16/13 gravelord sword build is not bad, especially since you can use chaos zwei too
---
GFWL - Dex Pyromaniac | Steam - dex_pyromaniac | SFxT mains: Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Juri, Akuma
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#7AtrabiliousPosted 1/31/2013 12:40:15 PM
I loves the Gravelord sword.

I mean it's more of a cool novelty than anything else, but the move-set isn't horrific and the toxic build up makes for some nice pressure against most of the players you come across.

I spent a long time invading with it in the past. I think the thing that surprised me most was how judiciously you can use the R2 thrust.

I think I might make another Gravelord sword build.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#8moodyjm2Posted 1/31/2013 12:41:37 PM
How is the Gravelord Sword against bosses, say when DPS is key?
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#9orphanjohnPosted 1/31/2013 12:54:02 PM
moodyjm2 posted...
How is the Gravelord Sword against bosses, say when DPS is key?

Good, just have to stick and move.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc (DkS)
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2